LDR ended- I intiated NC- SHE emailed me

So she broke up after being together 2+ months. It wasn't a bad break up, but lots of feelings. She claimed she "loved me" but 2 weeks later ended it. Distance was the main issue here. She exhibits her company at shows my company produces, so I will be seeing her in 10 days again.

Long story short. I initiated NC the day after- tomorrow will be 2 weeks. 2 days before she ended it, I sent her my chapstick (she had this thing for my chapstick I used, and always asked for it..weird I know, but I sent it to her 2 days prior, after she ended it, I told her I had sent it already and to just disregard)...anyways.

I get an email last night (12am my time) saying "Hey Stranger, hope everything is well. Just wanted to let you know I never got the thing you mailed" Thats all.

I didnt reply, nor am I planning to.. but why send this email 2 weeks later?

Also I will be in CA for work in 10 days, and will be seeing her..but just confused /angry as to why she emailed me..and why this random thing 2 weeks later?

Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to contact you and maybe getting conversation between the two of you going. Even when someone dumps someone else they still feel like the persons should keep talking to them. You did good by ignoring it. If/when you see her, you can say hi but keep on moving on. No need to keep talking. Maybe months down the road you can be casual "hey, how has it been going" type friends but best to have a real break now.

• Author

I guess so. I'm not planning on replying to this. In 10 days when I'm out in CA again, I know i'll be seeing her for 4 straight days from 9am-6pm. But will keep it cordial, a hi the first day....and thats about it. Doubt she's gonna care....although this email out of nowhere did surprise me a little

Still can't stop wondering why she decided to email that out of nowhere .. 2 weeks later

She probably couldn't tell you either. I think many of us have experienced not knowing exactly why we feel or do a particular thing.

Just continue to ignore her