I was going to meet him abroad but he ended things for another girl

Hey, can someone help me make sense of this? I'm heartbroken.

I was meant to meet a guy out travelling really soon. He went out a few months back for a year and I was going to go meet him once I'd saved enough money.

Weve known eachother a long time and have been having sex on and off for 7 years. During this time, I fell deeply in love with him, but never told him.

He told me a few months back he was going away for a bit and was so keen for me to go with him. He even offered to help pay for my flights out there. I told him that I'd love to as I thought we'd have a fun adventure and that I'd meet him once I had enough money.

I saw him shortly before he left and he was so affectionate. When we said goodbye, he kissed me and said "see you out there".

A few weeks after he left, I tried to tell him my feelings but he told me he had something to tell me. He was planning a holiday with a girl and we had to end things.

My question is why would he lead me to believe that we could travel together and be so affectionate and couple only to end things and go holidaying with this girl a month later? Did he get scared of my feelings?

Thanks

Edited by Jgcarrot

Because he has never taken you seriously.

You are that girl he comes around when there is nothing to do. A kind of friend with benefit of sex and some emotional moments.

You know him for 7 years, if there were anything it should already be. You dont need to question anymore.

Let him do what he want. Move on with your life. I bet if he and his new lover spilt up he gonna find you again.

Lois_Griffin

Weve known eachother a long time and have been having sex on and off for 7 years. During this time, I fell deeply in love with him, but never told him.

Well, I hate to say it, but I think you were 'old faithful' for him. Someone he knew he could come to for sex or companionship, but someone he never saw as long-term relationship material. The sad truth is that the moment he met someone he was interested in, he put you on the back burner.

Unfortunately, that just means you were always an option, never a first choice.

Try to learn something positive from this. Next time, don't allow yourself just to be someone's option. You're worth more than that.