Long distance what?

Hello!

I'll keep this extremely short and to the point.

Is it possible to be emotionally attached to one person and yet have sexual relations with others?

I have posted this in LDR because i have a LDR in mind, which is more like a LDCrush, no commitment, no promises.

• Like 1

Absolutely possible. Some people can easily separate sex and love - and some can't. Nothing wrong with either, of course - but if you use it as an excuse for cheating then it's wrong. It should be a mutual agreement to open the relationship. As for LDRs, IMO they shouldn't be exclusive - if they're going to work, they will, and if you meet someone else locally who is a good or better match, go for it.

Michelle ma Belle

I agree with central that although it is possible to separate sex and love, that doesn't mean everyone is willing or able to do it.

Unlike central, I think LDR CAN and DO work and are worthy of being exclusive for many people (myself included) but it does come with it's own set of challenges.

Having said that, I don't think anyone should enter into a LDR unless they have the opportunity to actually meet in person fairly regularly. If that's not possible then it's best to keep things casual and open.

At the very least, you need to be above board regarding each of your wants, needs and expectations.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank yo for your replies! They are so helpful!

I met a guy, we seem to have a connection, but he left before we had a chance to know each other. Ofc we did not agree on a relationship, cause its the case you mentioned @Michelle, it is not possible for us to meet regularly and both are lives are at a turning point right now. Since he left we are talking 1-2 times daily. I think of it as a "getting to know you" period.

Problem is, i want to be single right now, so its not only the distance thats keeping me from persuing it. I just got out of a relationship and i NEED some time alone. I need to work on myself, i need freedom. I need to set my life on the track its supposed to be. As @central said, if its gonna work, it will.

I just need to keep it casual and open and you said, which is hard for me cause i have never done something like it, but i think i am ready for.

Thanks so much!