LDR with poor communication

So me and my boyfriend of a year have just started an LDR (he had to move for work). Before the LDR started we didn't really text each other, just to organise when to meet up, but we saw each other every other day.

Now he doesn't text me during the week at all and the only time I talk to him is just before we're about to meet at the weekend, to organise times etc (we meet every weekend).

I think we both have different communication styles. He doesn't mind no contact during the week because we are both busy and he likes to save conversation up for the weekend. However, I like to be involved in his life and just get an update every other day. Am I being unreasonable? Think I may talk to him about this when I next see him

You are not being unreasonable but since you are the one who wants to talk, how about you call him.

Yes, you're being reasonable. I could not imagine not having some kind of daily contact with the person I was in a relationship with. I would feel very disconnected and lose interest.