Boyfriend wants to move here but I dont want to stay here...help!

Hi all.

So, I have been in a LDR with this guy for about 3 years. He lives where my family does and we manage to spend a good amount of time together even with the distance. We normally spend 2 weeks together every month so we have built a very good foundation for our relationship. We have constantly struggled with the distance though and have been trying to reach some sort of conclusion. I am in San Francisco and he is in Atlanta. I have been trying to find work here and am having a tough time...I also miss my family and the ease of life in Atlanta. I have been here for 4 years and it has not stuck. I am ready to move on. He has lived in Atlanta all his life and wants a change. He wants me to stay here and move here but I am pretty much set on moving to Atlanta. I have been suffering from depression and really want to be with my family. He is dead set on moving here. We are pretty much at an impasse. His views change everyday and it is a serious point of contention. He says he would still want to date but I think that is ridiculous since we would be changing places essentially. He wants a change of scenery and I need to be with my family for a while and get a business started where the market isn't so saturated. He doesn't agree. So, I basically have the choice of staying here even though I have no life just to be with him...who I love dearly. He refuses to stay in Atlanta for me because he is bored. What am I supposed to do? we have our share of problems but we are in love.

Help.

Do i stay here where I am unhappy and lonely (bordering on agoraphobia due to my lack of employment and social life) just for him? Or do I move where my family is for a time to recharge?

I am 28...

Thanks.

Hmmm.... thats a tough one. I learned my lesson the hard way by moving 400miles for someone, I am kicking myself everyday for it the way my life has turned out. In your case though I think you really need to talk more about it face to face. Ask him other than his wanting to experience something new why does he want to leave Atlanta? Can you maybe come to an agreement about somewhere outside the city limits or another town closer? Or look at it like this, you are 28, is he the same age, has he ever been away from home? You might want to discuss taking a break so that he can spread his wings and get a taste of the real life. You might not want to hear that but its kind of my two cents.