Long distance crush to more?

So a week or 2 ago I posted a thread about trying to read signals from a vendor at my job. The work relationship doesn't concern me, we are peers and I am not in the loop on any of the contract stuff.

Quick recap on our relationship so far:

We met several months ago, but we started working closely, regularly in the past 2 months or so. Things took a turn then, and I started noticing some slight signs.

Jump ahead to about 2 weeks ago. He was in town. I was sort of wondering if I was misreading the signals from him. During his visit, we spent more time together and things culminated in an impromptu lunch date.

The lunch was great. I found out he was single, he asked me the same, and seemed excited I said yes. We had easy flowing conversation and lots of commonalities.

Over the past few days, we've talked a little about how connected we are - like we have known each other forever. He has told me about his family and the family dynamics. He has mentioned, several times, I should come to town and check out his new place. He remembers the little details about me, and he pays me compliments often.

He went home after the visit this week, but we have been texting a little bit since he left. Mostly personal stuff.

I'm crushing hard right now. Now we are meeting online (via google hangouts) for our work projects. Every work conversation we have is "derailed" by our personal chats. Our conversations are all smiles.

We haven't spent quite enough time together to "have a relationship." Any tips on keeping the "connection" till we know each other better and figure it out?

• 3 weeks later...

I can soooo relate to this. I met a guy, we flirted, it did come to more but our time was limited(2 weeks), he had to leave to the other side of the globe. We are now talking daily by chat and skype, have agreed that we are not in a relationship cause we both just cant at this point.

Advice? Just let it go where its gonna go. Do what you feel like doing, dont build it up in your mind. If the "connection" is lost, its lost. If not, you will find a way to be together. Till then, enjoy your feelings, i assume its the type that do not come by as often.

• Like 2
  • Author
I can soooo relate to this. I met a guy, we flirted, it did come to more but our time was limited(2 weeks), he had to leave to the other side of the globe. We are now talking daily by chat and skype, have agreed that we are not in a relationship cause we both just cant at this point.

Advice? Just let it go where its gonna go. Do what you feel like doing, dont build it up in your mind. If the "connection" is lost, its lost. If not, you will find a way to be together. Till then, enjoy your feelings, i assume its the type that do not come by as often.

Good advice!

He has been on vacation essentially since he left town. We had a hangout and a short call before he left. And during his vacation we have texted a bit. I "initiated" only because I promised to keep him in the loop on some job interviews.

Honestly, his trip was around the world with his family and best friends, so I assumed he'd be pretty busy! But he was really responsive and in touch every few days.

Now he is back in a few more days. And work projects will start up again, and we will connect about that stuff. The last personal comment was about meeting in person to discuss my job prospects. Not sure exactly where that means.

He does have regular visits to my areas...maybe every other month and he has lots of friends and immediate family in my area, so he is not totally disconnected. I have a few close and less close friends and distant family in his area, so it definitely isn't out of the question that I have reasons to head in his direction.

I still think something is there, so I guess I'll have to play it by ear and take i slow. But it is definitely more than an "I think you are attractive" connection.

• Author

A lot can change in a few days. Looks like i will change jobs in the coming weeks. He helped, as in he was a reference for me.

He has been dropping hints for months that I should visit him. So we firmed up a time frame: before I start the new job. He wants to celebrate together in his city. And I am overdue for a trip there anyway, it is tge best time of year then too.

Obviously there are details to be worked out, but I am happy he suggested it seriously. Previously it felt a bit like he was joking.

It will be the first time we will be able to spend time one on one without work constraints. And by thwn we won't be working together either!

• Author

Mine says he wants to visit sooner than my planned visit! I hope it works out! Not easy talking to him, that is for sure. Or maybe the correct answer is that it is too easy. And then wish we could hang out already when we have to end.

• Author

I booked my tickets and sent him the deets, but haven't heard back from him yet. NBD as we are in different time zones.

I haven't figured out a plan yet (which friends I'll visit when). Not sure if he will make it out before I visit - he had a family emergency last week, so not sure if he can fit in more travel.

We chatted today, he is such a flirt! Maybe more so than usual. We had a nice conversation as usual. He is always interested in what's going on with me, and putting me first in the conversation. I appreciate that, but do not want to feel like I am hogging all the oxygen if you will.

With every conversation I like him more, I guess that is a good sign?!?!

He seems excited that we will finally get to hang out, can't wait to make firm plans. But now I have a definitive date.

• Author

We talked about my trip briefly and he wants to hang out a few times and has some ideas! It looks like I should focus my trip on meeting him a couple of times!

• 2 weeks later...

I fell head over heels in love with someone, or at least the closest thing to it, at the age of 16. It was one of those silly, messy, unreachable, long distance crushes that should have ended after we gave it a go and he broke my heart all those years ago. But, we never quite put it to bed.

• Author

So now I am a few days away from my trip. We've confirmed an outing that should last a several hours....not sure about the other days yet.

The past few weeks we have talked quite a bit, and I am feeling more connected. He's said I few times "You totally get me," and I feel the same way about him!

I am excited, he's excited but who knows where things will go!

The rubber meets the road shortly.

Edited by seekingluck
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

He's said I few times "You totally get me," and I feel the same way about him!

Wow that sounds like a really special connection that you two have- it's not often that we meet people that we can say this to! I have a good feeling about this and I wish you all the best of luck :)

• Author
Wow that sounds like a really special connection that you two have- it's not often that we meet people that we can say this to! I have a good feeling about this and I wish you all the best of luck :)

A quick update. I am so confused now. When we hung out over the weekend, it was seriously the best date of my life. We spent 8 hours together. We didn't call it a date but it felt like one. Compliments, dinner, walking around, talking and a show. Conversation was so easy. And ended with hugs and a kiss on the cheek.

We both agreed it was a great time.

But he has gone quiet over the past few days. I know he is slammed and is a workaholic......

In the past he let me know why he was quiet and apologized. So I am waiting for him to reach out. Hopefully he is just busy and I didn't misread him.

He might also visit in a few weeks last I heard. We will see how it pans out. He seems special and worth waiting around for.

Thats good news!! I hope that by now he replied back as for why he was quiet! Im sure he did.

I hate and love at the same time the "waiting"feeling. Its so nice and frustrating at the same time. You probably feel vulnerable cause i bet some stronger feelings started after the date and now that he''s gone quiet, you feel maybe exposed? Thats my bet, cause thats how i feel with my LDC.

I hope he replied! Keep us updated!

• Like 1
  • Author
Thats good news!! I hope that by now he replied back as for why he was quiet! Im sure he did.

I hate and love at the same time the "waiting"feeling. Its so nice and frustrating at the same time. You probably feel vulnerable cause i bet some stronger feelings started after the date and now that he''s gone quiet, you feel maybe exposed? Thats my bet, cause thats how i feel with my LDC.

I hope he replied! Keep us updated!

He did, and he was really slammed. I told him I wanted to chat and we plan to sync up next week. I feel like we have loads to chat about!