Looking for

Hey everyone,

First of all I am a 22 year old gay man. This man is 29, turning 30 in March.

So I was on a cruise that landed in Bermuda this past week. Well on the first few days at bingo (no judges my parents dragged me), a worker caught my eye and I thought he was really cute. So I asked one of his coworkers to introduce me to him and she did. We spent about an hour just talking and time flew very quickly (good sign). We were talking and he said that he wished to have met me earlier because he said he would have invited me out one of the nights to a bar by the ship (he said it was like a gay pirate ship bar [Which scares me that I won't hold his attention]. I also learned that this is his first week on the cruise and he has 6 more months on the cruise.

Now the cruise docks in NYC every Sunday and he's allowed off the ship and he said he's always wanted to see Manhattan and NYC [He also said ideally, he would like to move to Manhattan one day]. We exchanged Facebook names because he said that it was the best way to keep in contact with each other while he is on the ship. He also took my phone number and said "So I your number when I have an American phone."

How do I keep him interested over the next 6 months and keep him from wandering to other people? Any other advice is definitely welcome because there is a genuine connection here.

If I'm reading right, he works on the cruise ship and it docks every week on Sunday and he's allowed some shore leave between arrival and departure and wanted to see NYC. Sounds like a perfect way to get to know someone. Since you have contact on FB, set up meets and have some interesting things to do as host and interested party. Whatever happens, happens. If he's interested he'll be interested. The same applies to you. There's lots of other people you interact with and relationships are two-way streets, so he'd be, if interested, also thinking of how to keep you interested over the next six months while he's out on cruise. Either things work out or they don't. Gotta start somewhere. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...