I have done something stupid

So I am in a LDR with a girl. So she texted me and was very upset as she was very stressed, she said she would text me the next day. I texted her the next day to check if she was ok but she didn't respond. So I waited and then texted and called her after another two days. She ignored my call and I could see she had been online but had not read my messages. So after another three days I messaged her again asking why she was ignoring me and that I was a little confused. I then sent her a text saying that if she didn't want to talk to me anymore she could just say and I didn't understand. (she had been online everyday for the whole week).

So she responded back today (total of seven days without messaging me) saying she had been really busy with work, and she was upset with the messages I had sent her. I think I have ruined everything because of my stupidity. I have apologised and explained myself but I thin I have messed everything up.

I don't know why you apologized. In LDRs the only contact you can have is digital; not replying to messages is the same as avoiding a person in real life.

It reads like she's feeling guilty about something and has chosen to employ the "The Best Defense is a Good Offense" tactic. It reads like it's working.

You shouldn't allow the tactic to work on you.

Good luck to you, OP...

• Like 1

I think you were right to be concerned and no matter how busy you are she could have spare a couple of minutes to text or email you. I sense something else is going on with her.

It's ridiculous to tell someone your upset, the say you'll text the next day without doing so an ignore messages from your other half.

Have you ever met her? Does she live alone?

I would dump her over her rudeness and the fact that she tries to turn it around on you.

• 1 month later...

So she responded back today (total of seven days without messaging me) saying she had been really busy with work, and she was upset with the messages I had sent her. I think I have ruined everything because of my stupidity. I have apologised and explained myself but I thin I have messed everything up.

My LD GF(?) does this , too. I think that she is avoiding me or she has sb else. What i do is leaving her alone , and when she wants to send , she sends. Try to find someone else. The signs that she shows you are not positive. And if you care for someone , even if you work 18/24 you will find one minute to send him a goodnight. or a smile.