Is she a catfish / going to kidnap / kill me?

So I posted some pictures of myself on a site to find snapchat users, not to toot my own horn but I am muscular with a good 6 pack so I am just hoping to attract some female snap chatters as I have in the past. Well one day this one snaps me and she's pretty attractive so we talk for a while /exchange pictures, no nudes just pg so far. Well she turns out to be really cool and pretty hot and sends me a few underwear and tit pics and I send some ab shots typical flirting etc. We talk about where we're from and she says she was already planning a trip to go about an hour from where I am, once in July and once in August and could possibly meet up. I say that's cool maybe so we continue talking and talk on the phone sometimes for quite a bit then sex comes up and it gets interesting to say the least, then we get excited about meeting and she wants me to meet her this month but I can't so she says ok maybe august. She didn't pressure anything at all, so I tell my friend about this and he's like there's no way this hot girl is down to bang upon meeting she's definitely fake or is gonna kidnap or kill you. So I thought about it and it's definitely possible but there have been no signs of this and I even told her I think she's catfishing me and she just laughed and said he's jealous. I have tried to provide as much detail as possible, what does everyone think? I mean she sends snapchat pics and videos all the time, that would be pretty hard to fake, he says it's probably her friend sending them but that's highly unlikely. What are your thoughts?

• Author

I'm mainly worried I'm going to get kidnapped or killed basic instinct style, I'm sure it's uncommon but am I not being smart to worry about this? It sounds too good to be true but there are no signs of anything wrong. And not to mention I've hooked up with multiple women I met online, just for some reason my friend has gotten me paranoid about this one.

Well, if you "do" decide to meet up with her make sure its in a public place and watch your drink/food at all times. Also, let someone know where you are at and check in with them on the regular.

I mean, hook-ups are risky period - regardless if its someone you meet in a local bar. Kidnapping should be the last of your worries. I mean what if they have like HIV and are on some mission to spread it?

Lol, reminds me of the recent Will Smith movie "Focus" where the female lead character was a grifter who worked with this guy. Her job was to get the guys drunk and take them up to a hotel room and then her and the guy would rob them at gunpoint.

• Author

Yea lol I completely agree I've thought about the hiv thing and the possibility that someone wants a kidney too, she claims she's just obsessed with my body and that's normal because this has happened multiple times before, I just know I need to be overly cautious because anything is possible.

Michelle ma Belle

First, a typical catfish will avoid meeting in person for as long as possible.

Second, you've done this before with no issues so why would this be any different.

Third, fearing being kidnapped or killed isn't usually something MEN worry about.

My assessment? I think you're WAY overthinking things thanks to your friend. Tell him to zip his gob and set the date with the hot chick already.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you at least someone agrees with me! I'm just kind of a hypochondriac but I feel like everything will be just fine, I just wanted to hear what the world has to say about it

• Author

Just Skyped for a half hour (her idea) so now I'm pretty confident there's no way this is a sham but I still appreciate the input!

Yea lol I completely agree I've thought about the hiv thing and the possibility that someone wants a kidney too, she claims she's just obsessed with my body and that's normal because this has happened multiple times before, I just know I need to be overly cautious because anything is possible.

This sounds like a yucky way to start a relationship.

• Like 1
I don't disagree, I'm not trying to start a relationship though

I understand but if you have to worry about someone cutting you up for parts I'm guessing it might ruin the mood anyway.

Wouldn't it be more fun to have sex with someone who doesn't need to go thru a metal detector first?

Don't meet anyone you haven't Skyped yet or at least seen a video of that can be dated as just having happened, like standing in front of the tv news or something. Have you at least talked to her on the phone. If she won't talk on the phone at least, that's a red flag for sure. She could be a 50 year old guy.

Don't cat in the bag it unless you've skyped/snapchatted/face timed.

You gotta see what's underneath that darkness.

Please do. You honestly never know if she might have someone working with her on the side just to do you harm, you know?

Definitely, there's a chance I will just not proceed just because it's not worth the risk

Glad to see you still have your kidneys.

You've got her name, face, and a lot of time to do some thorough net digging. I honestly don't see the divide between people we meet on the net and people we meet in real life. Everyone's online now. Sure there's a lot of posers but if you've Skyped and talked for a while, I think you're good. It's no different nor more dangerous than hooking up with a girl in a bar.