crush is moving back to his country permanently

we both have feelings for each other and once we were just a half step to relationship but eventually he told me that he had been waiting for his ex for 2 years and his ex finally reached out to him.(he broke up with his ex as she is a cheater but he wanted to get back to her...sounds weird right? even his friends tried to stop him)

I believe that man want what they don't have.

Back that time, we both were really in a sweet/stable status,no fight no argue,simply amazing how in sync our minds were....maybe due to the 2 years of waiting,he finally got back to his ex after deliberating for 3 months between me and his ex.(i didnt know back then)

After 2 months they broke up.

He is really disappointed and told me that it's a big mistake to wait to get back to her.

I have my own life, fruitful,busy and also happy, been acting cool during the 2 months he was with his ex.(although i missed him)

Few days ago, he told me that he decided to move back to his own country permanently, I was shocked by his decision of moving permanently, couldn't help but told him I miss him.

He thanked me and also apologized for bad timing,he said that all his ex messed him up,should have known better.

Now 2 months left and currently we messaged each other almost everyday.

Most of the time, he gave me prompt and long messages. He also invited me to his place,I'm not sure if it has other meaning(we hadnt have sex yet as i only want to have sex with significant one)

Today, he told me that he want to give me one of his wall paintings,ask me to go to his place so I can choose.

What do you think?

Today, he told me that he want to give me one of his wall paintings,ask me to go to his place so I can choose.

What do you think?

Sounds like a modern version of "Why don't you come up and see my etchings?" to me.

If you don't know what that means, I'll spare you the Google-time. Look here.

Best,

TMichaels

we hadnt have sex yet as i only want to have sex with significant one
Stick to it. No matter what. I'm not sure what you decided, or if you went there already. Bring someone along with you. A friend. A cousin.
  • Author
Sounds like a modern version of "Why don't you come up and see my etchings?" to me.

If you don't know what that means, I'll spare you the Google-time. Look here.

Best,

TMichaels

He lives a luxury life and this is the first time he offer to give me gift.(He is not the type of guy who buys girl lots of present even the girl is his gf)

I haven't set up a time to meet. I do miss him but deliberating whether to meet him or not. As he is going to leave and I know he is messed up by the recent breakup....everytime I send him message, he always give me prompt reply with long messages (sometimes 7-8 messages).....seems like he does like me in a special way?

• Author
Stick to it. No matter what. I'm not sure what you decided, or if you went there already. Bring someone along with you. A friend. A cousin.

No, I havent set up a time to met him yet, still deliberating whether to meet him or not.(although I do miss him)

My friend said I'm going to regret if I don't meet him in these last 2 months.

any opinion?

But even i does eventually meet him, I won't have sex with him :)

No, I havent set up a time to met him yet, still deliberating whether to meet him or not.(although I do miss him)

My friend said I'm going to regret if I don't meet him in these last 2 months.

any opinion?

If I were you, I would meet him. Even if it were just to impress him or leave some memory of me that he can keep while he'll be away. Nothing romantic though. I would go there with someone else, so that we're not alone. But not even as a total friend, because if I were in love with him, I wouldn't want him to think that he can friendzone me. So dress to impress, but understated. Be smiling, nice, happy, let him spend a good time with you, with a pinch of mystery.

Let us know what you decide to do in the end and how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
If I were you, I would meet him. Even if it were just to impress him or leave some memory of me that he can keep while he'll be away. Nothing romantic though. I would go there with someone else, so that we're not alone. But not even as a total friend, because if I were in love with him, I wouldn't want him to think that he can friendzone me. So dress to impress, but understated. Be smiling, nice, happy, let him spend a good time with you, with a pinch of mystery.

Let us know what you decide to do in the end and how it goes.

Hi,I eventually met him, alone...

We had a great time and chemistry that we had few months ago was still there.

He made the first move and we nearly had sex but i refused at the last minute,he respected my decision.

We met few times after that. And he bought me a ticket to fly to his country next month,will arrive his country after 10days he moved back to his country.

I will stay at his house for 1 week and he offered to cover all my expenses.

Currently Im running through visa application.

Yesterday,I met his 2 friends, one friend in the afternoon and his best friend for dinner together at night.

His best friend knows what had been happening in the past few months, the issue of his ex, and I found out that he actually mentioned me last Christmas, as his friend said that I'm talented,he saw a sketch which i gave him as Christmas surprise.

Even his friends like me a lot. His best friend complimented me a lot, such as very classy,has a model figure,talented, smart, very passionate about my major, hardworking and he feels that I'm nice/kind person. (yeah,I agree....who on the earth will wait for him after all those events happened,I never blame him, neither cry...although i had a hard time to go through all these.)

From all his remarks, I can tell that his friend didn't like his ex.Anyway, they broke up and my guy is going to move back to his country.

Met him today for visa application and he wasn't as passionate as yesterday.He told me that staying in current country makes him want to escape and take a new breath in his own country.

I know what he meant, he wants me to wait until we both are back to his country and we will have a short sweet time together....

He just broke up with his ex 1 month,after waiting for so long to get back to his ex,but didnt turn out as expected.

I know he can't commit to me yet i still feel sad.....I'm way so much much more better than his ex.My friends and his friends all think that he should choose me...why is he so blind?

justwhoiam

I get he's not in love with you, still he was ready to have sex with you. Watch out. I'm not sure how you will avoid that staying for one week at his place, and maybe being 24/7 with him.

I think it's not the right time to start a relationship for him. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
I get he's not in love with you, still he was ready to have sex with you. Watch out. I'm not sure how you will avoid that staying for one week at his place, and maybe being 24/7 with him.

I think it's not the right time to start a relationship for him. Sorry.

Hi justwhoiam,thanks for your advice.

after that he went on a trip,only him...when he came back,he turned so much better and told me that he learned what he want and dont want in his life.

We dated for few more times before he moved back to his country(yes,he moved back 2 weeks ago)

Still no sex but had physical intimacy and all things went well.The last time we met before his leaving,he kissed me for times at the restaurant and hugged me on street,said " time flies! i know you are always busy,so no worries! keep yourself busy and soon we will meet!! then we will see how it turns out....everything is possible"

He bought me a flight ticket which I suppose to fly tomorrow,but out of our expectation, i didnt get the visa due to the lack of documents. During the 1st time I applied for the visa, he refused to provide his financial document although he did write me an invitation letter. I understand that and respect his decision.

This time when i told him visa is being refused, he sent me his financial documents without second thought. Does this mean he trust me in deep level?

I just completed the resubmission yesterday. We still keep in touch since he went back and he also asked me for times if I had resubmit the visa application. Things were sweet during the first week but recently i felt something is wrong. Due to the time difference, morning in my country is night in his country( 10am here and 9pm his place) .Since his job is highly flexible and im having holiday, we were able to have conversations in the 1st week.

but recently,especially these few days, he is distant...he still send me photos,updates me what he is doing but no longer have conversations with me.today while talking about restaurant he went, he replied "Ill take you to nice restaurant should you come"

im not a native english speaker,but "should you come"...."should" sounds very formal!!!!! and last night while talking about weather, i said how i remember the sweet thing he did for me on a rainy day,he simply replied "lol good memory"

he used to send :o emoticon and recently he keeps sending :) in polite way!

any advice?