B/f's applying for work in Iraq

My B/f is applying for several companies like halliburtion ect. in hopes of working full time in Iraq. He was in the Marines for 7 years and feels like he needs to be there. Maby I am being unsensitive but I think it's a bunch of crap and he is trying to run away from the responsibility of being a father. I also think it is extreamly dangerous. and I am wondering where this is all comming from. He owns his own business, he has a faimly here, why would he want to go there again, All he talks about is what a horrible place it was when he was there in the 1st gulf war.... Why the heck would he want to go back... I wish the marines would just take his ass back but he is to old.... ( only 35 :o )

Sorry for the Rant

I just heard they killed 5-7 people yesterday alone.....

And your prego with his baby right? ??

Why is he doing this? He just said that he needs to be there???

Well Stone I can understand how you're feeling.. You are pregnant and now he thinks he needs to go to a dangerous country..

My Recent EX is in the USMC.. and they talked about deploying him often (he says) but honestly.. it was wierd that when ever ANYTHING of importance needed to be discussed in our relationship he always played the "Iraq card" of why he didn't or couldn't make any definate plans or find solutions to our relationship issues.. and you know what.. IMO it was all just a lame excuse on his part not to do the right thing(s) He has going to be deployed at "any moment now" for over a year.. :rolleyes:

I can see why you're upset.

Kick his a$$!!! How unsensitive HE'S being, knowing you were going through all that you were considering, ect..........

I feel he is probably trying to get out of the responsibilty (just like they said) and it's a bunch of crap, what a punk!

Talk to him about how you feel but honestly if he's this way he probably isn't that useful in your life anyway!

• Author

I know he's playing "I'll send you all my money" or "we'll get free benifits" or "I'm a soldiger, I can't help but want to be there" like him going will effect us positivley. :mad:

Originally posted by Stone

I know he's playing "I'll send you all my money" or "we'll get free benifits" or "I'm a soldiger, I can't help but want to be there" like him going will effect us positivley. :mad:

:mad: Don't you just want to kick thier asses when they come up with crap like this?

How about "I'm about to be the Mother of your child and I CAN'T HELP BUT WANT MY BABIES FATHER TO BE THERE FOR ME!"

Bah!

lexnmike4enomore

Do you want to risk seeing his beheading video on the news? They just scoop up civilians from the street and torture them like they do. Not a good idea to have him go there unless he's strapped heavily.

• Author

I know he thinks he is unbeatable, I wouldn't be so upset if he we're going BACK in the service but to go threr to work doesn't make much sense. They pay is 80K -200K tax free..... but not worth losing your head over.

Indeed.. doesn't really matter how much money *could've* been made if he is killed.