Tired of Waiting with my LDR Boyfriend

pinkpositive

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new in this Site and I think I can have Good Advises from you. I'm from Philippines and I've been in a relationship with a Dutch Guy. We only Met Online but we have not Met yet in Person. We've been together for almost 1 and 8 months now. He Promised me last year that he will visit me by the end of year 2014 but he did not due to work. He Promised to be here this year and I asked him if he will still visit me but his answer was "It's really a hard question" cos his busy again and he still don't have enough Money to Buy a Plane Ticket but he invested in his online business and that's even expensive than buying a ticket. I feel like I'm giving up with him. I love him so Much even we haven't met yet. He was always there with me whenever I need someone emotionally. He always have time for me in terms of Chatting and he always say he truly loves me but I don't think I'm his priority. Do you think he really loves me? Do you think I still need Patience to wait? Or do you think I need to Give Up and Move on. :( Please advise. Thank you!:confused:

FusionCutter
Hi Everyone!!

I'm new in this Site and I think I can have Good Advises from you. I'm from Philippines and I've been in a relationship with a Dutch Guy. We only Met Online but we have not Met yet in Person. We've been together for almost 1 and 8 months now. He Promised me last year that he will visit me by the end of year 2014 but he did not due to work. He Promised to be here this year and I asked him if he will still visit me but his answer was "It's really a hard question" cos his busy again and he still don't have enough Money to Buy a Plane Ticket but he invested in his online business and that's even expensive than buying a ticket. I feel like I'm giving up with him. I love him so Much even we haven't met yet. He was always there with me whenever I need someone emotionally. He always have time for me in terms of Chatting and he always say he truly loves me but I don't think I'm his priority. Do you think he really loves me? Do you think I still need Patience to wait? Or do you think I need to Give Up and Move on. :( Please advise. Thank you!:confused:

Is this relationship giving you what you want? A real man will do anything to be with someone he wants to be with.

Honestly from the sounds of it, it might be best if you part ways. You are getting a shell of a relationship, nothing more.

Real relationships consist of people spending real time together. It's time to do something.

• Author
pinkpositive

Thanks FusionCutter for your reply!!

Being with him makes me happy even we are both apart from each other but having a feeling that Visiting me is not his priority hurts me a lot. Im always the one putting an effort to show him how much he means to me, Sending him Letters and making Videos but he never send back letters to me even once. Do you think I still need to wait for him until the word visiting became real? I don't even know how to tell him how I feel cos im afraid he might think Im pressuring him to visit me. It's hard for me to Let go of him cos I love him so much. I really miss him so much and There's nothing in this world That I want but to be with him only. Whenever I told him I miss him and it hurts, he would always say He feels so helpless :(

ExpatInItaly

OP, I'm going to be very blunt:

He's not coming. It's not a relationship. Not for him, at least. You're putting yourself out there and showing him your affection. Hes not. What does that tell you?

For your own well-being, you need to let go of this. You at projection your need for love on him but the truth is that he's a stranger. You don't know him. He could be in a relationship offline or even married. The point is that it's not going to be the relationship you want. Cut ties with him. He's not serious about you, girl. Take care of yourself.

• Author
pinkpositive

Hi, That hurts :( We've been together for almost 2 years apart from each other and have not met yet. So why would he share his time for me Chatting everyday? May I also ask if "How would you know if a person truly loves you in a Long Distance relationship? "

ExpatInItaly
Hi, That hurts :( We've been together for almost 2 years apart from each other and have not met yet. So why would he share his time for me Chatting everyday? May I also ask if "How would you know if a person truly loves you in a Long Distance relationship? "

Chatting takes almost zero effort. He likes the attention because he knows you're into him. But you said he's never sent any videos, etc. He avoids making plans to meet you. That is not the way a man who loves you behaves. You're doing all the work. Have you chatted with him on the phone or webcam before?

I think you seem young and not very experienced in relationships. That isn't meant to be unkind, but it's obvious he and you don't feel the same things.

I maintain that he doesn't have any serious intention of meeting you. I would bet that he has someone local.

To me it sounds like you are getting this more serious than he does.I would back off and wait and see his reaction then.If there is no reaction at all,,,then he is not interested

Lois_Griffin

Sigh.

You're not 'together.' All you know is some face on Skype who claims to love you. You don't even know HOW many other women he's probably pulling the same nonsense with.

You're a pleasant diversion for him, but one he doesn't take seriously. He's made enough excuses not to come visit you because he knows this 'relationship' is a dead end.

And it IS a dead end. Unless one of you is moving to the other person's country in the next year, honestly, WHAT'S the point?

Lois_Griffin
I maintain that he doesn't have any serious intention of meeting you. I would bet that he has someone local.

And I agree with you 1000%. He's enjoying the attention and adoration but has no desire to take it any further. that's painfully obvious.

Manchester45

hello OP, it's time to move on unless your ldr boyfriend takes action an comes to see you. Go out and live more! Don't waste your life on someone who is not that into you.

• Author
pinkpositive

Hi Guys!! Thank you for your advises. I'm really speechless and it really hurts me to accept the fact that That What we have are all just promises and you Guys have same Opinions. I really Appreciated all your Opinions and Advises. I think I need to talk to him about how I feel cos I'm really not happy with our relationship anymore and Im so tired of waiting and wasting my Time for Nothing. It is True that the Pathetic part of love is you're willing to do anything for nothing :(

• Author
pinkpositive
hello OP, it's time to move on unless your ldr boyfriend takes action an comes to see you. Go out and live more! Don't waste your life on someone who is not that into you.

I Love that "Go out and Live More " Thanks!!!