LDR, is it time to stop or not.

I have a 2 years LDR with someone.

Lately, when i get the chance of thinking carefully, i am confused if its not worth to keep or leave.

Weve been apart the majority of our relationship. Although we talked a lot through phone, i think it was not enough now, its been a year since we've been together.

I kind of lost hope that we will be together anytime soon. And kind of realized that there are many times i was manipulated or cried when she always trying to break up with me when shes angry at me.

Ive lost my social life, friends because most of the time she makes me choose betweeen her or my friends,

also, some of my hobbies, she dont appreciate at all, i was just blinded before because i think she is my first girlfriend.

most of the time, she doubted me if i have girls or not which is pretty much i am dedicated to her that my majority these past years was work, talking to her, work, my family, work, ...

I know im immature but i can see some reality right now. That makes me think that can i make it when we become husband and wife?

And lately, i found this girl that we got close together, same country as i am, even i havent done many things, she is accepting, unlike my gf right now that i did lots of things for her, even things that arent really me. Im confused, i dont want to hurt her feelings too but i believe in the long run or if this continue, we will just hurt each others feelings.

Edited by remrihk

Is she making you happy? If she does,then is worth fight for. Couples in ldr,if they made it,know to appriciate their relationship becouse of all they've been trouht. Set your priority,see what make you happy,and make a decision.

If you have not seen her in a year and you have no meaningful hope of seeing her again soon, you are better off with the local girl.

• Author
Is she making you happy? If she does,then is worth fight for. Couples in ldr,if they made it,know to appriciate their relationship becouse of all they've been trouht. Set your priority,see what make you happy,and make a decision.

Thank you for reply, the truth is, lately its been difficult, sometimes i just listen to her for the sake of avoiding arguements.

Ive been very patience, for these past years, ive dedicated a lot of time to her, gifts, quality time? Thru phone, etc.

I just got to think of the situation more lately and realize some things.

• Author
If you have not seen her in a year and you have no meaningful hope of seeing her again soon, you are better off with the local girl.

I ve tried to invite her many times to be with me, ive been spending lots of money to go to her country, and yet instead offthe relationship maturing, its crashing down

• Author
Where is she come from btw?

Why you said you lost hope?

I am a filipino, but been living in Japan for years. She is also in the Philippines, but recently just moved to US.

I got a job right now that will require me to stay in Japan for the next 3 years.

And I calmly realized lately that our relationship was not really that healthy.

If she wouldn't come from the Philippines to Japan for you, her moving farther away to the US is the last nail in the coffin, don't you think? It's been over for a while. Just end it.