New Year, New Questions

So a lot has happened since the last time i've been on LS. To keep a long story short, my boyfriend is in Australia and I am in New York and he left in August. We had been dating for about a year when he left and in the same city. I went to see him for christmas for 4 weeks and it was amazing. It was not weird or awkward to see him after 4 months, it was just wonderful :)

My boyfriend is finally coming home...but in May. And then we made the big decision on living together for the summer (!!) and then if all goes well, he will come move in with me for my last year of school.

My trouble is that he is now going to be travelling so I wont be able to talk to him for periods of up to 2 weeks since he wont be in cell range. I'm kinda freaking out about this (and he does not like it either). We usually skype about 4-5 times a week. Now that he is on the move for his job our main form of contact is messaging, but it is not the same as skype.

Can you suggest any tips for staying sane? I am really missing him and I don't want to be sad all the time.

Thanks LS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! I think I arrive quite late... however I hope you have been able to go through those days you werent able to speak to him, and I just want to say I'm very happy for your good news! May is just there, just a bit more of waiting and then you won't have to say goodbye anymore! :laugh:

I can't wait to be in the same situation... I have at least 2 more years of long distance.

I hear you. Same thing for me. He's going abroad for work and I'm not sure if he will have any connection while being out, which will be most of the day.

But I hope he's planning well about that.

Anyway, if you want to be proactive, I suggest you have some web space (like cloud or something) that is just for the two of you, where you can upload stuff. You can exchange letters, etc. That will give you some comfort, because he'll be able to tell you what is going on with him, what happened during the day etc. It's better than texting because you can say a lot more. And it's more reliable than emails, because you can see what you have uploaded and be sure it's there, while with emails they can get lost, etc.