A little cheer up for a ldr-guy

Here's a kind of introduction... My girlfriend and I are both 15 years and live in Holland. We live about 50 km. away from eachother (we still call it a 'long'distance relationship). We see eachother normal every 2 weeks but the last time we only see eachother around every 3 weeks and I just wanted to post this to see if other people know how sh#tty it is to be in love without seeing her every day. We do call and whatsapp every day but still it's not the nicest thing in the world. And it's not that I want to end my relationship that I have with her because she means everything for me. Like a month ago she called me one day in the weekend and told me that she had an accident with her horse and that she maybe broke her arm, I took the first train to her (it's about an hour traveling) and got to the hospital, at the end it was nothing but people think that ldr's are baloni well let me tell you something it's not.

Dude 1 hour it's not even far... People here travel more than that just to go to university or job everyday, I would kill to live at least at that distance from my bf, we have about 6 hours by bus and see each other just 3 times a year, some people that live internationally does once or less a year. If i lived 1 hour from my bf i would visit him every weekend and if possible stay from friday to sunday if he allowed me to stay at his house. You are pretty young, I know its hard, but if it is the correct person for you why would you say "We do call and whatsapp every day but still it's not the nicest thing in the world"? Dude, even the littlest moment to be able to talk is worth it, not the same than real life but you should enjoy both in person and online conversations, if you didn't it would be weird.

Keep it up if you see that she is the one for you, you won't be distanced forever and you are still too young. I believe that it helps a little focusing in your studies since you don't have the obligation to meet her day by day or several times a week. At least i see it as a positive side...

• Author

I do see it positive and I know it could be even much and much further away but I meant with it isn't the greatest thing that I would prever to see her more often but it costs €22,70 to go to her and back. The only way for me to get money is with my newspaper job. With my study is no big deal, my exams are over year and then I could go to college. I do wanna say thanks for your reply, it did help me :).

Here's a kind of introduction... My girlfriend and I are both 15 years and live in Holland. We live about 50 km. away from eachother (we still call it a 'long'distance relationship). We see eachother normal every 2 weeks but the last time we only see eachother around every 3 weeks and I just wanted to post this to see if other people know how sh#tty it is to be in love without seeing her every day. We do call and whatsapp every day but still it's not the nicest thing in the world. And it's not that I want to end my relationship that I have with her because she means everything for me. Like a month ago she called me one day in the weekend and told me that she had an accident with her horse and that she maybe broke her arm, I took the first train to her (it's about an hour traveling) and got to the hospital, at the end it was nothing but people think that ldr's are baloni well let me tell you something it's not.

You're kidding...

I do see it positive and I know it could be even much and much further away but I meant with it isn't the greatest thing that I would prever to see her more often but it costs €22,70 to go to her and back. The only way for me to get money is with my newspaper job. With my study is no big deal, my exams are over year and then I could go to college. I do wanna say thanks for your reply, it did help me :).

Don't you have any support from your parents? I mean giving you a little ammount of money per month to help you.

Can't she come to you?

Isn't there any cheaper alternatives? Train is usually cheaper wherever, than bus..

Do her parents allow you to stay at her house, at least in a separate bed in other room? It would cut costs and you would have more time to stay together

• Author
Don't you have any support from your parents? I mean giving you a little ammount of money per month to help you.

Can't she come to you?

Isn't there any cheaper alternatives? Train is usually cheaper wherever, than bus..

Do her parents allow you to stay at her house, at least in a separate bed in other room? It would cut costs and you would have more time to stay together

They do support me with only €15 a month. And she does come to me one time I come to her and the 2 weeks after that she comes to me. I do travel already with train every time. And we already slept 2 times together. But with school and everything we cannot see eachother every 2 weeks somethimes we don't see eachother for 4 weeks. But by hearing your story I don't have to whine.