Care package.

EveryRoseHasItsThorn

EveryRoseHasItsThorn

Helloo,

My SO lives in Australia, and I'm from Holland. I want to send him a care package, but I've never done this before.

He's really hyped up about it, so I really want to do it.

Do you have any ideas, for what I can send?

I was thinking about some sweet notes/letters, some sweets from my country, something personal he can hold on to..

Any other ideas?

Get info about rules and laws for shipping goods from your country to Australia. I also live in Europe and customs are terrible between my country and the USA. One envelope was never delivered to me, because he sent it without custom papers. I guess you have a better chance using a carrier like UPS, DHL, etc. But still, they are very strict at the customs.

Regarding what to put inside, that's very personal. You could send a letter, make a CD with your songs or a DVD with video about yourself. It also depends on how much time you have to prepare everything.

Also, have you ever met him?

I have given him one of my bras, it so reminds him of me and my scent. You could send him some special souvenir from your country, some tiny pic he can keep in his wallet, and some nice/funny picture he can hang on or keep in his bedroom (there are tons of websites out there that let you play with your pictures with fun effects and backgrounds). You can also send objects that he can use every day. Think about what he might like.

• Like 2
  • Author
EveryRoseHasItsThorn

Thanks for the replies.

I've been looking into more info about sending packages there, I was thinking about sending sweets, but shipping things to Australia is quite strict. I saw some useful site's before asking, and I'm quite aware of the laws and stuff. And they could tell me more about it at the post office, thanks for the advice though!

We haven't met up yet, so I think it's nice to do it and that he's having something to hold on to. :)

I'm having more ideas now, so thanks for the tips!

Yeah, food might be a problem. It all depends on what you are sending and how.

How long are you in this relationship? And when are you supposed to meet him? Make it personal but not intimate. And no big words/promises until you meet. Keep it light, fun & exciting.

• Author
EveryRoseHasItsThorn
Yeah, food might be a problem. It all depends on what you are sending and how.

How long are you in this relationship? And when are you supposed to meet him? Make it personal but not intimate. And no big words/promises until you meet. Keep it light, fun & exciting.

That's true, I was looking into some sweets from my country, I'll just make sure to ask about it. And otherwise there are lots of other fun things I can send from Holland. That'll be no problem.

We've been in touch since April 2013. We have plans to meet next year. Due to circumstances we didn't have the chance to meet up earlier.

I'll make it a light but personal package, nothing too extreme.

• Like 1
  • Author
EveryRoseHasItsThorn
No seeds......... :lmao:

Not a really good idea, no! Hahaha..

The way I typed that, yeah I could've expected something like this as reply. :lmao:

Maybe it'll make the people in Australia happy, and my package will certainly arrive in that case! ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
EveryRoseHasItsThorn

I handed the package over to the post office. :)

Curious how long it's going to take. Patience.. lol

• Like 1