My boyfriend and I have been in a LDR for about two years now. So far for us we have become closer because of it and has helped up connect on a deeper level. Even though we miss each other and usually see each other every 3-4 months there are times where we do struggle. I let my emotions take over and we argue because of this. Anyone have any suggestions on how to better control this?

Also, I struggle with asking too many questions about what he is doing, when, with who, etc. He refers to this as 21 Questions. Even though I trust him completely, I doubt myself and feel like I am not good enough and he could replace me since we live across the country.

Other than these couple issues we run into we have a perfectly healthy relationship that works out great for the both of us! If anyone needs any advice or is thinking about an LDR feel free to comment.

xoxo

Michelle ma Belle

I'm glad to hear you're in a happy LDR and I completely agree that the distance can deepen a couple's relationship because communication is paramount! I've certainly discovered this in my own LDR. When you're in a LDR, talking is all you really have most of the time so it's not difficult to grow closer and have a deeper connection when you spend as much time communicating with one another. Also, the anticipation between visits certainly doesn't hurt ;)

As for your issue regarding the questioning and insecurity, this is VERY normal especially in LDR so don't beat yourself up too much. I think the thing you need to focus on is how great your relationship IS and how lucky you both are to have each other. Practicing a little restraint with regards to asking too many questions is YOUR issue and will take time to master. That's not to say you can control the battle cry going on in your own head but it will be something you need to work on if you don't want to create problems where there are none.

Good luck!

I've been with my SO for 8 years, and I understand you completely because I'm exactly the same way! I speak from experience, you have to learn to trust him.. If not it'll only result in pushing him away.

I've been that girl.. I found out that I wasn't not trusting him.. It was my own insecurity, Now, don't get me wrong.. If he gives you reason not to trust him, then by all means DON'T.. But my advice to you is to just talk to him. Skype him if you have to just look at him and tell him how you feel. If he cares he'll listen and try and help you sort it out. However, don't come off mean or accusing him for not being able to fix it ( I did that without even knowing..) sometimes your just unaware.

& finally, learn to give him a little space. I KNOW it sucks BAD.. like really really bad. but I promise the small bit of space ( no texting no talking for an hour+ ) works wonders, he then starts to wonder what your doing and becomes the one asking about your day. Plus, it gives him something to talk about once he comes back to you. conversation is hard to make when your constantly talking lol.

I hope this helped some. good luck to you!! :)