Am I being irrational here? Jealous

Hi guys! New here.

I'm the type of guy who doesn't fall in love easily. It's so hard for me to love,trust someone and I'm quite scared to love someone but now, I've fallen in love with a girl I've never met. She has the same feelings for me and she calls me her "Potential boyfriend".

The thing is..I get these irrational fears sometimes.

I'll tell you guys a little bit about her..

She seems like a very decent girl, she's very hard-working. She never a boyfriend before and she told me I'm her first and she's an introvert and quite type of girl. She likes spending time alone and she doesn't talk to guys a lot. She has a guy friend in college and in her project group and he always ignored her and was mean to her but recently, he started talking to her and is being nice to her all of a sudden. She seems very excited about him talking to her and she told me "He's finally talking to me" (She never told me she's excited, I just assumed).She never had a close guy friend or hung out with guys a lot. What if she starts hanging out with him or meet someone else and forget about me.

This is making me jealous and I've been wondering what if she has crush on him. She told me they're just friends but I'm feeling a bit anxious about losing her. I really like her. Am I being paranoid here?

Are you being irrational? No. Just logical. You two have never met. When you will meet, maybe there'll start to be ground for something. For now, it's more the idea of each other, but you don't really know each other yet.

• Like 1

John Goober,

I've fallen in love with a girl I've never met.

No you haven't. You've fallen in love with a fantasy person.

She has the same feelings for me

So she's done the same thing?

I suggest you get off the computer and out of whatever virtual world you are living in, actually meet this person, and take it from there...

Good luck

• Author
John Goober,

No you haven't. You've fallen in love with a fantasy person.

So she's done the same thing?

I suggest you get off the computer and out of whatever virtual world you are living in, actually meet this person, and take it from there...

Good luck

Thank you for your input! What exactly do you mean by "fantasy"?

I don't spend all of my day talking to her, I call her once a week and text her every night, I'm usually very busy with my studies. Of course, I'm going to meet her in a few months once we're both done with our exams.

I'm just trying to know if I'm just an option in her life or am I a priority.

'Fantasy' is because you have never met.

You have fallen in love with your own made up idea of what she is like in person. That is just fantasy, not actual love.

You have no idea if either of you will even be attracted to each other in real life as you have never met.

• Like 2

It is fantasy until you met, you don't truly know someone until you meet, you can't be in love with someone you've not met.

She sounds interested in this real life person, so let her go and move on.