Keeping a potential LDR going

I was contacted by a woman through eHarmony a few weeks ago, and we met up the other day in person for the first time. We were messaging and going through the questions for about a week before our date. Nothing too formal as she is a fairly reserved/shy person, just coffee and a walk through some markets, so we could get to know each other face to face. Things went quite well, some definite chemisty between us and we’ve texted each other a few times since then.

I work away from town for a few weeks at a time, and with her work/study schedule we haven’t been able to see each other again before I leave. She said she is okay with my work situation, and made a point of saying that if I’M still interested when I get back that she would definitely like to see me again.

Now my question is, does anyone have some advice on how to keep the spark going for the next fortnight, so that when I get back she won’t have forgotten about me? It seems too early for flowers/gifts but who's to say I'm the only person trying to stay in her thoughts for the next two weeks?

Why don't you just send her a simple text a few days before you'll be back in town saying you are looking forward to getting together again when you're back in town and see what of response you get?

Best,

TMichaels

• Author

Thanks for the advice, I'm new to the world of online dating, and it seems most women I've met through the sites don't respond well to the same things I do with women I meet out in public.

Thanks for the advice, I'm new to the world of online dating, and it seems most women I've met through the sites don't respond well to the same things I do with women I meet out in public.

So don't make any plans to meet up with her at all then when you return.

Instead, inundate her with messages on WhatsApp, stalk her Facebook account, and stand her up repeatedly on Skype dates for a couple of years, at least.

I mean, everyone knows how shy/reserved women that hang out on dating websites are. Yep. For sure. Uh-uh. That should work.

Best,

TMichaels

how to keep the spark going for the next fortnight, so that when I get back she won’t have forgotten about me?
You might not be the only one she contacted, or the only one she's seeing, or the only one on her mind. But chances are she won't forget you, especially after what she told you. The best way to keep her interest alive is to not disappear completely during the time you'll be away. You can drop her a quick random text, make it so she doesn't have to answer, like: I really liked our walk through the markets. I'll think where we could go next time. Have a great day, Yourname.

And at least another similar random text the following week (as I guess you'll be away for 2 weeks). Unless she starts texting you.

She will know she's in your thoughts.

Where did that come from? I've never stalked a woman or stood anyone up on a date.

Well, that's what women you meet online want, don't you know?

After all, "they don't respond well to things to the same things you do with women you meet out in public" -- your words - which is a bollocks generalization if there ever was one.

HINT: Quit trying to over-think and relate to people by putting them into some sort of "box" where one should be treated one way rather than the other.

Be honest, sincere, don't play games. You'll win some and you'll lose some but those you'll lose because you've been a gentleman won't be worth your time anyway.

Best,

TMichaels

• Author
Well, that's what women you meet online want, don't you know?

After all, "they don't respond well to things to the same things you do with women you meet out in public" -- your words - which is a bollocks generalization if there ever was one.

HINT: Quit trying to over-think and relate to people by putting them into some sort of "box" where one should be treated one way rather than the other.

Be honest, sincere, don't play games. You'll win some and you'll lose some but those you'll lose because you've been a gentleman won't be worth your time anyway.

Best,

TMichaels

Well, I've been schooled.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even realise what I was actually saying. I'm going to have work on it!