Gf is leaving for the west coast

Been really down and sad for the past few days after hearing the announcement of my gf going away to Vancouver for work. I've been trying to be positive and encouraging her to go because ultimately I don't want to hold her back and restrict her in her job and potentially losing out on a great opportunity that may not come around again for her.

She's been also unsure about herself if she wanted to go out to Vancouver because she said had just moved back home not too long ago and she said she's not ready to have a big move again and plus she is afraid that things will change between us if she goes.

I've been encouraging her to take up the opportunity and make the best choice for herself, and not stay here at a job she doesn't enjoy just because of me. Because realistically this is her life and future. It can be life changing and potentially a better life in the long run for the both of us. And having me to tell her that I don't want her to leave here because Im unsure about what will happen between us once she leaves. I dont want to be the selfish person and be a burden because of my own feelings of change.

With the next few days left with her here I just cant bear and feel more saddened by the fact that she's really leaving.. And the worst part is there is no timeline when she will return home. The thoughts and feeling have started to sink in and reality of her being gone away from me is really making things alot tougher to deal.

I just need some advice from someone who has experienced something like this and how to cope and deal when someone your so into is leaving you.... Thanks

Edited by AKisBaked

While it's not around the corner, in the grand scheme it's not that far. You can visit & you have a wealth of technology to stay connected

• Author
While it's not around the corner, in the grand scheme it's not that far. You can visit & you have a wealth of technology to stay connected

Ya it's not that far from where I am, but its just the idea of her not going to be physically here in person.. Not like we hang out everyday here either but we do tend to see each other quite often. And of course, technology is probably the only option to keep in touch other than snail mail.