sending a letter to her?

so weve been together for a long time. im gonna be short here. shes studying now in another country for a year and ill be there in two weeks for a short time. then ill come back for longer in november. ive never sent her a letter but in some way i think it could be a nice surprise. has anyone done this or have you gotten one yourself? what was your/their reaction to it?

sdrawkcaB ssA
so weve been together for a long time. im gonna be short here. shes studying now in another country for a year and ill be there in two weeks for a short time. then ill come back for longer in november. ive never sent her a letter but in some way i think it could be a nice surprise. has anyone done this or have you gotten one yourself? what was your/their reaction to it?

Yep, I have done one not too long ago... I wanted to hand write what I felt, but given the sudden spontaneous allowance to send a package to her for the first time, before she had taken holiday, I could not write well enough from being so nervous and rushing out that day to send my package to her. I resorted to using Word, though she loved every word I wrote. Now that I have time and things won't be so rushed, I will make a new one with my own hand written words.

• Like 1

Love letters are marvelous! They used to be the norm & are way better than e-mails & texts imo. Go for it.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

hand writing a letter is a long forgotten art......but when i get one i always appreciate such an effort..i still have letters hand written ones i received years ago..my ex when we were long term would send me letters.....he hated writing but he knew how much i loved them so he would write them....i do not have those letters....but i have kept the ones from my family over the years....i think you should send it......it is romantic and its cool...deb

• Like 1
  • Author

I get what you all are saying and I agree. Meeting her up in two weeks and I'm thinking about being a little extra cheesy haha. I bought her a gift and I'm thinking about bringing a letter for her to read before taking her out on a dinner. I really want to make this time special. Does this sound better or worse for you woman out there?

And please, I know it should come from the heart but tips are welcome.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

just write it from the heart, make it sweet not sickly........add a dash of humor....what has she made you see differently......or made you feel and why.....deb

• Author
just write it from the heart, make it sweet not sickly........add a dash of humor....what has she made you see differently......or made you feel and why.....deb

I was thinking about adding humour. Don't wanna go overboard though so it comes out as to funny. We'll I got two weeks I should be able to figure this out :)

• Like 1
todreaminblue
I was thinking about adding humour. Don't wanna go overboard though so it comes out as to funny. We'll I got two weeks I should be able to figure this out :)

humor is a way to make it sweet instead of sickly.....i wish you all the best ....i am sure your letter will be wonderful...smilin atcha....good luck....deb

• Like 1

Do not bring the letter.

Go. Visit. Enjoy your time together.

Write the letter. Write several & send them to her before you see her again in November. Part of the magic is receiving them unexpectedly in the mail.

• Author
Do not bring the letter.

Go. Visit. Enjoy your time together.

Write the letter. Write several & send them to her before you see her again in November. Part of the magic is receiving them unexpectedly in the mail.

yeah maybe. but at the same time she wont expect it now either. maybe i should leave it to her right before go home?

• Author
The point is to continue to fan the flames of your romance while you were apart.

i definitely see your point. im just excited to do this haha.

• Author
I wrote a few. I even made a pop up card by myself and write it. He loves it even though my handwriting sucks hahaha! I love giving surprises.

haha well i think a letter can be more appreciated then words. cause if someone takes time to actually write down their thougts it will be more real.

• Like 1

I believe a handwritten letter can be rather personal (at least, it is supposed to be). It might be a touching thing to do. As of her reaction - well, you'd know how she'd react to such better than me.

I once wrote a handwritten letter, long ago, to a gf. She didn't seem to respond all too well to it. Probably never read it. :)

But that is a different person. Try it out, and keep it short, and well written. She will appreciate it even more.

• Like 1

Very romantic :love:. Do it unexpected, and add a little humor - well that's what I would like anyway LOL

• Like 2

writing love letters is the best! I do it a couple times a month and my bf really enjoys them. i didnt even know this, but he has kept every single one i have sent him! I find it is a really great way to express my feelings and it makes me him know i'm thinking about him and taking time out of my day to write him something to show him i appreciate him from a miles and miles away. definitely do it! it helps connect us when we are so far apart

• Like 1

yeah, do not bring the letter with you. That's nuts. Mail it ahead. My advice is that a few warm and funny words scribbled on a postcard are better than an outpouring you don't have the nerve to do in person.

• Author
yeah, do not bring the letter with you. That's nuts. Mail it ahead. My advice is that a few warm and funny words scribbled on a postcard are better than an outpouring you don't have the nerve to do in person.

haha im actually fine with that. ill see what i do

• Author

so ive been working on something for about 1-2 hours these last couple of days. i think i did decent. of course itll be hard to understand for people who werent there since it has a lot to do with our lifestory. i dont wanna post it on here if she would read it on the internet which i doubt but you never know.

anyone who want to recieve a private message and tell me if you liked it or not? thanks:)