After 2 months he disappeared off the face of the earth, ideas ??

rodawaybecky

I met this guy about 2 months ago on a night out, I wasn't looking for anything but he actually helped me up when I fell over in the club. This was how we begun talking, we spent the whole night together (although nothing sexual happened), kissed and exchanged phone numbers.

Ever since that night we have texted back & forth, spoke on the phone for hours, video chatted etc. He told me that he was 27 and in the Marines so he traveled around a lot, but he also had a son and an ex wife; my older friends warned me that I did not need someone with this kind of baggage at 20 years old but I overlooked it anyway.

He asked if he could see me again; so he made plans to come and see me before he flew out to America for 4 months and I was thrilled.

Last time I spoke to him was on Friday night (15th August) and we both said goodnight and went to bed. By Saturday afternoon he hadn't messaged me, so I messaged him instead and by Sunday night he hadn't replied which worried me slightly. He was last seen on Whatsapp on the 15th (Friday) so immediately I thought he had lost his phone or something, I messaged him on facebook and still no reply. I called the phone twice on 2 separate occasions and the phone just rings out which means it's obviously turned on. I checked this morning and he still hasn't been on whatsapp since the 15th but surely he speaks to other people on there too?

I'm really cut up about it, I don't know what to think he just disappeared out of my life with no explation. Some of my friends think he's gone back to his wife and is ignoring me, others think something has happened. Anyone else had this kinda situation before?

Why are you trying so hard? Give him the time to get back to you. It's not that you're his gf. OK? He's just a friend you just met. Play the friend role, not the gf role.

Don't try to get in touch with him again. See if he does. You left traces of you on his mobile (texts + missed calls) & FB. He won't miss the fact that you looked for him.

Maybe he still has a wife. Kids are forever anyway.