Summer of insecurity

My girlfriend has been out of the country studying abroad this summer... We are both in mid 20s. Prior to leaving we've been serious for 3 years and lived together for the past 6 months. She is only gone for the summer and i miss her, but i enjoy the freedom with hanging with friends and whatnot.

Long story short for the past few weeks we have only been able to commuicate though facebook, skype and crap on her schools wifi access.

I have always tried to let her say hi first on facebook because i know she is a little bit busy and might be just studying or whatever and most of all i dont want to come off as "clingy" or the boring controlling boyfriend we all hate.

Because of this we come to the point

The point :::

Sometimes she doesnt say hi for 24 hours and I get jealous, worried, suspicious and a little angry the silence sometimes makes me fill with evil.

The bad part-------

I get pleasure thinking about sending her a picture of me with some mutual friend of ours kissing*** or being "close" to say **** you for not talking to me or something.

I recently realized i desired this same feeling when we were physically together... Maybe by just giving her a slient treatment because she was being cold or not making me feel sexy or something the day before.***

My questions/////

does anyone feel, given our history, and the short time she is away, talking even for 5 minutes on facebook everyday should not be out of the question?

Does my desire to hear from her everyday indicate insecurity or am i just being a boyfriend?

Does anyone else get that pleasing yet sadistic feeling when thinking about emotionally hurting their SO? Is this emotional abuse??

Disclamer::: I've been in bad relationships with bad fights. This is not one of them i genuinely feel in love and we have a few healthy arguments but theyre always positive.

***ive never done anything close to this because i know how awful it is

Philosoraptor

Man, you have all sorts of issues with this relationship. The fact that you would find pleasure in hurting your partner in any way is a key to end it.

All the "in love" stuff is crap. If you were in love you wouldn't think hurting her would bring you pleasure in any way, and you'd be instead happy that she is getting her education.

• Like 1