Question About My Current LDR BU

hello everyone, this is my first time posting here so I guess I can give some background on the relationship and what happened.

I met my girlfriend online playing games. we had good chemistry online and both decided to give it a try. she lives in new York and I live in florida.

I went out to new York my first time the weekend of her birthday almost 2 years ago. we hit it off right away and ended up making things official

everything has been fine for the first year or so, we would visit each other every other month when we had time. slowly we started spending less time together playing games or talking on the phone because she would get caught up in watching a drama or I would get caught up playing a different game.

we broke up a couple days ago because she didn't like the fact that we don't spend as much time together and that she doesn't feel like she is able to do things because I am not physically there.

she's decided that she wants to be friends because she does enjoy spending time with me online in the games we play and she likes that I can make he laugh at the stupidest of things.

ive thrown the idea of moving out to new York within the year to try things again as we really have only spent maybe a month of total physical time together.

I told her that while we are friends I wont bring up the past but eventually I will ask her if she would be willing to try again if I moved up there. she has mostly dodged the question with acceptable answers like "theres no guarantee for the future" or "I don't want you to do something youd regret"

ive decided that I would just do it and worst case she would say no and I would just have a bunch of money saved up.

anyways, I guess im just curious what you all, complete strangers, think of my scenario and what my next steps should be. I do care about her a lot and I know she cares about me a lot but the distance is what is killing our relationship. any ideas?

sincerely,

thisoneguy

Philosoraptor

It could be a variety of factors. It could be the distance, could be she's lost feelings, or it could be she met someone else out there that is a little more accessible.

If the relationship is over I'd focus on myself and where I want to go from here. Focus on making yourself happy and eventually meeting someone out that's a little more local.

• Author

So we got into an argument last night and she said she wants her stuff back. I think that I'll just give her space and do the whole no contact thing for a while. She's said that she doesn't want to make the relationship work.

Do you think i should still ask her in February-ish if i were to move if she wants to try again. I really thought this girl was the one but i don't know what happened.

Philosoraptor
Do you think i should still ask her in February-ish if i were to move if she wants to try again. I really thought this girl was the one but i don't know what happened.

No you shouldn't

Time to move on indeed. It can't get much clearer then that - she doesn't want to work on the relationship. It came from her own lips. I know you have feelings for this girl, but that will pass. Just focus your energy on your move to NY (if this is what you're still planning on doing) and think of all the new and exciting people you'll meet and adventures you'll have once there. The possibilities are endless! Don't limit yourself to the one that will only give you heartache in the end. Good luck!