New to these boards

Good morning, my name is Paul from Wisconsin. I have been in a long distance relationship with a wonderful lady from Iowa for almost 11 years now. I have been looking for a LDR online community where I could go to find advice, share stories and found this place. I have been a veteran of long distance relationships since I was in junior high school so I feel I can offer a lot to these boards in terms of advice, suggestions etc.

• Like 1
Good morning, my name is Paul from Wisconsin. I have been in a long distance relationship with a wonderful lady from Iowa for almost 11 years now. I have been looking for a LDR online community where I could go to find advice, share stories and found this place. I have been a veteran of long distance relationships since I was in junior high school so I feel I can offer a lot to these boards in terms of advice, suggestions etc.

Welcome Paul! 11 years! How did that happen and I suppose you meet often to keep this up? Any chance of closing the gap anytime soon??

I'm only in a LDR for 2 yrs now and I have a while to go (we both have kids) but I surely hope it won't take 11 yrs!

• Author

We met on an online pen pal website and clicked right away. She was just getting over a divorce and was in no rush for a relationship. Naturally, we got to know each other as friends and eventually met in person about 5 months after our first correspondence.

Our relationship has seen a lot of trials and tribulations over the years. In about four years or so we'll close the gap when her daughter goes off to college. It's just a matter of where we want to reside. More than likely though, I will be moving to Iowa. She has her career established there and we have a close knit group of friends that would do anything to help us.

• Like 2

Kudos to you for your perseverance. I think it's rare.

Spill out your advice then.

We met on an online pen pal website and clicked right away. She was just getting over a divorce and was in no rush for a relationship. Naturally, we got to know each other as friends and eventually met in person about 5 months after our first correspondence.

Our relationship has seen a lot of trials and tribulations over the years. In about four years or so we'll close the gap when her daughter goes off to college. It's just a matter of where we want to reside. More than likely though, I will be moving to Iowa. She has her career established there and we have a close knit group of friends that would do anything to help us.

Wow congratulations! It must be so nice knowing that the distance is finally going to end!

And congratulations on 11 years LDR. That's very impressive. I'm only at 3 but hopping to close...

Welcome!

Just remember, we are all just people voicing our opinions here, and they will all very wildly.

Very rarely does one opinion represent a vast majority.

Billions of people in the world, and only a few hundred or so active posters here.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you for the warm welcome. 11 years is very unusual for an LDR but we have made it work all these years. I think the key is we never gave up on each other when one of us could have thrown in the towel. We both know each other so well that it would be hard for us to start over again in other relationships. So in other words, we are each other's best friend.

• Like 1
Thank you for the warm welcome. 11 years is very unusual for an LDR but we have made it work all these years. I think the key is we never gave up on each other when one of us could have thrown in the towel. We both know each other so well that it would be hard for us to start over again in other relationships. So in other words, we are each other's best friend.
That's really cute! I wish you guys all the best :love: