He's going away for a week :(

Sponge_Cake

We've just left each other today...as usual it was a lovely weekend but I feel pretty devastated that I won't see him again now for 2 weeks.

He's going away with his family tomorrow for a week...he's taking his phone but I'm not sure there's a lot of reception where he is going. Plus there's no wifi so he's not taking his tablet - we normally talk everyday on Skype and by emails back and forth most of the day...now I don't know what we will do for a week. If I can't talk to him for an entire week, I will be distraught. I'm sure he can find some reception somewhere to send me a text or give me a call but it won't be very often if he does.

I did say I could give him a call once or twice but only if there is signal.

He should be back home by next weekend, but it's a long time when you're used to talking to someone everyday.

Has anyone got any advice?

Get distracted! go out with your friends, watch a movie... Also, probably there will be signal, I've had signal in the middle of a forest!

• Like 1
Has anyone got any advice?

It's your perfect time to start being your own empowered woman-person...and not so clingy and needy.

Good lawd! How are you going to handle your first real challenge, obstacle, crisis, emergency such as a serious illness or death or loss of job?

Sponge_Cake...I'm sounding like a biatch but I'm really not that.

If we cannot get along without this person or that for a week or two...then we really do not have any strength or courage or resilience or intestinal fortitude at all. And we need to develop, sustain, support those types of things...at all costs.

You are going to be perfectly fine, yes?

• Like 2

It's normal to miss someone and wish they were here IMO, but it's not healthy to be this worried and distraught about not talking to them for a week. Or 'devastated' that you won't see them for 2 weeks!

Find something fun to do with your time. Surely you have hobbies and/or friends, and a career? Immerse yourself in those.

The time will fly by, it really will. :)

Hi,

Well, he could have arranged to leave you something each day to read or look at, or watch... for each day he was going to be away. Been there, done that. He could have uploaded everything on a cloud and you would have something new each day. That's a cool/nice thing to do for one's girlfriend.