IF a man is in his "cave," how long does it take before he "comes out?"

My ex and I were together only for a month. He was on leave from the army and that's when I met him. I obviously don't know him all that well but when he left to go back to base, he was talking to me less as weeks went by. I was getting suspicious of his lack of communication and eventually got tired of it so I broke up with him. He would always have an excuse. We talked about it and we had decided to put the relationship on hold until he was home from the army for good(sometime this year). Well he completely stopped texting me, even ignoring my texts. I kept texting him and pushing the issue as to why he wouldn't talk(mistake). That's the last time he talked to me. I asked himif he wanted me to stay or just move on. He said he wants me but he can't be hinself over there. He said work stresses him out so bad that he shuts the world out and that's his "defense" and he said he didn't want to take things out on me. And that he's over the constant fighting to keep me. But the thing is, he never really fought for me. He just said "ok: /" when I broke up with him I that exact way. He said he would fight for me vut I hace been thinking about ending things for a few weeks now, which isnt true. It was just a couple of days. And when I asked if I should stay or go, he said "you choose what you want, I can't make that decision for you." And he said he's sorry he caused me pain and he doesn't want to hurt me. That's the last I heard of him(2 weeks ago). I've been texting him every day since trying to get him to let me know what I should do. I'm not going to wait for him if I have no reason to. But I'm starting to get this feeling that he blocked me. Will he come back eventually? But he also said he's very stressed out with work. I don't know what to think. I need some insight. Opinions? Experiences? Thank you in advance!

aussietigerwolf

hmmm... This sounds like the same as the one where the army guy had a wife and another gf.

noskilljustluck
My ex and I were together only for a month. He was on leave from the army and that's when I met him. I obviously don't know him all that well but when he left to go back to base, he was talking to me less as weeks went by. I was getting suspicious of his lack of communication and eventually got tired of it so I broke up with him. He would always have an excuse. We talked about it and we had decided to put the relationship on hold until he was home from the army for good(sometime this year). Well he completely stopped texting me, even ignoring my texts. I kept texting him and pushing the issue as to why he wouldn't talk(mistake). That's the last time he talked to me. I asked himif he wanted me to stay or just move on. He said he wants me but he can't be hinself over there. He said work stresses him out so bad that he shuts the world out and that's his "defense" and he said he didn't want to take things out on me. And that he's over the constant fighting to keep me. But the thing is, he never really fought for me. He just said "ok: /" when I broke up with him I that exact way. He said he would fight for me vut I hace been thinking about ending things for a few weeks now, which isnt true. It was just a couple of days. And when I asked if I should stay or go, he said "you choose what you want, I can't make that decision for you." And he said he's sorry he caused me pain and he doesn't want to hurt me. That's the last I heard of him(2 weeks ago). I've been texting him every day since trying to get him to let me know what I should do. I'm not going to wait for him if I have no reason to. But I'm starting to get this feeling that he blocked me. Will he come back eventually? But he also said he's very stressed out with work. I don't know what to think. I need some insight. Opinions? Experiences? Thank you in advance!

Army guys need a woman, who has blind faith in them and who pampers them, because they are off in a place and yes very stressed out.

In my opinion, you need to set your mind straight if you want him or not. You know its not going to be easy to endure LDR with an army guy. You cant expect him to fight for keeping you always, and to fight his stress out too. If he's shut in a cave and you have no connection, then it means he deems you a stress as well. Be gentle and kind if you want to work out. If not, then leave him be.

Its true, he may not have fought for you and might have said 'okay :/'

But, I think you were expecting too much. That feel which we women, often show "Hold me back cause I want you to, dont let go" Men usually dont see it. Thats when we are expecting too much and bringing less to the plate.

If its been days, and he hasnt contacted you, chances are he wont. Cause he already shut you out of his glum state. However, if he sees some potential bond, he might turn to you. But dont hope too high, as youre the one who backed out of the relationship.

If he comes back and youre single, then tell him to start fresh with you.

If youre not single and he comes back, then opt for NC. It would be unfaithful to your present partner.

Goodluck.