How can I reduce my girlfriends uneasiness?

I'm not sure if this is the best section to write this in, but as my girlfriend and me are in a long-distance relationship, I thought I should write it here.

My girlfriend understands that I love her.

I also understand that she loves me.

However, she fears that one day I'd lose interest in her.

She fears I'd leave her some day.

It is really eating her away, in a sense, making her live a life full of uneasiness.

I have no idea how I could prove that to her.

The only thing I was able to tell her was: "If time passes, you'll see, I'm still here."

I'm sure that my feelings for her are not light, and that I'm thinking very serious of our relationship.

She understands this as well, however her fear does not decrease.

Does anyone have some advice, regarding this?

Is anyone facing the same problem?

She needs to learn to trust. She should focus on today & the good things she has now.

If she keeps focusing on the negative eventually you are going to get sick of hearing this & her prediction will come true because she caused it to.

leavesonautumn

All you can do is tell her you love her and be there for her. She will need to learn to trust you.

However, as soon as it starts to become a daily nag you need to be firm with her and tell her you are not a dormant. Tell her that she will push you away from constant questioning and negativity. It may sound like the opposite of what you want to tell her but trust me you will get to that point if it continues.

Have you two met in person yet? If so, how often is it? If not, then you need to consider what it would mean to meet her in regards to travel/making changes in your life to be closer.

• Author

We've met once (which doesn't mean just one day), and a next meet up is going to happen either within the next 3 months, or at the beginning of next year.

I guess I should have said this in the first post already, but the main reason she thinks like that is, she's more than 15 years older than me.

She fears, I'd think she looks old and ugly, as for example, when I'm 40, she'd already be in her late 50's, and so on.

I know myself, that I don't see people of that age as disgusting, but it's hard to convey that thought.

I know you feel what you feel but your relationship is tenuous at best. One meeting & some electronic contact is not the most solid foundation. Do you two have a meaningful way to close the distance? If you don't where is this going?

• Like 1