Does the saying goodbye ever get any easier?

Sponge_Cake

I said goodbye to my LD boyfriend on Sunday...it was very, very emotional and sad. Probably the worst it's ever been, as the more times we see each other, the harder it seems to become.

I'm worried that it will be this hard every time. I'm not seeing him for another 16 days...on Friday it will be two weeks.

On the train home, I was struggling to keep it all together, I feel sick thinking of it.

I'm just scared it's going to become harder each time...can anyone share their experience?

It doesn't get harder each time, but it doesn't get easier either IME.

But the first day of (any) goodbye is always the hardest, the next week will be easier. Chin up! :)

It was always the same amount of difficult & emotional for me.

You get to see him again in 16 days which isn't long at all. Many LDRs don't see each other for months at a time so count your blessings.

• Like 2

For me it has gotten easier, the last three times we have had to say goodbye at least I haven't cried at the airport like a crazy. I still feel empty and sad afterwards and for a few days, but at least I've become stronger! :)

16 days it's nothing, just keep busy and you will see how time goes by fast! I meet my boyfriend once every two-three months :(