Long distance and problems between us

niceasiangirl

we started talking to each other since february, its been over 3 months

He lives in the states and i live in vietnam. We have been talking over viber and skype. we havent commited yet so it's just more than friends, not boyfriend girlfriend

After talking to me for a long time, he said he missed me and i said so too. we text on viber everyday but i feel like he took a long time to reply my message, not constantly. he only texts me when before he goes to work in the morning and before he going to bed. Between that are just some texts he tells me where he goes or what he does only. he's too busy to talk to me or reply me constantly and i feel like he doesn't even care about my feelings here. Whenever i wanna tell him something i can't because when he goes out with friends he never texts me. im afraid of bothering him. Before he goes to bed, he texts me once and say goodnight. Thats all for a day.

I tell him about my problems but seems to not care about that.He ignored, he told me i was too dramatic. He also told a lie about his facebook. he told me first time he didn't use his facebook because big distraction, the second time when i asked him again over a phone he told me his fb was hacked. And i found out he is still using facebook !!!

is it a big deal??? I feel like he doesn't care for me like i care for him and i didnt feel good when he lied to me about that ! Please give me some opinions. Thanks

You don't have a real relationship. You have a virtual one which is not as important to him as it is to you. It's fun but not a priority. The distance is probably insurmountable.

You can keep talking to him as a friend but don't expect much more.

• Like 1
  • Author
niceasiangirl

thank you so much for your idea. I think so too ! i cared too much for him but he didn't do the same i did for him... though he always express his feelings for me like missing and he did even tell me that i am the only one he cared about.. Should i trust him?

You said you're more than friends, but he's not your boyfriend, and you're not his girlfriend.

Just remain friends, and don't go anywhere near anything else. You might end up being used. Keep him as a friend and not beyond that.

That clearly means you can miss him, but don't make him your priority. Don't look forward to his messages or phone calls. Be glad if he gets in touch, but don't be let down if/when he doesn't.

Also, do not underestimate the cultural factor. You can't be sure of what idea he has about Vietnamese girls. Or Vietnam, for what matters.

That'd be very difficult for you to understand from what he tells you.

• Like 1
  • Author
niceasiangirl
You said you're more than friends, but he's not your boyfriend, and you're not his girlfriend.

Just remain friends, and don't go anywhere near anything else. You might end up being used. Keep him as a friend and not beyond that.

That clearly means you can miss him, but don't make him your priority. Don't look forward to his messages or phone calls. Be glad if he gets in touch, but don't be let down if/when he doesn't.

Also, do not underestimate the cultural factor. You can't be sure of what idea he has about Vietnamese girls. Or Vietnam, for what matters.

That'd be very difficult for you to understand from what he tells you.

Thank you for your opinion.

he is vietnamese too, he moved to the states since he was 4. So he's 100% vietnamese

I dont know why he lied to me about his facebook. Should i confront him or ignore it?

Thanks

ExpatInItaly

he is vietnamese too, he moved to the states since he was 4. So he's 100% vietnamese

I dont know why he lied to me about his facebook. Should i confront him or ignore it?

Thanks

I don't understand what the problem is with his Facebook. Can you clarify?

But in any case, no, you should not confront him. You are not in a relationship with him and doesn't owe you anything. I think you have invested far too much in him when it likely won't amount to anything other than a virtual friendship. It would be best if you back off and try to meet some guys locally.

You're welcome.

he is vietnamese too, he moved to the states since he was 4.
If he moved when he was only 4 and never got back to his motherland, then he might like to get in touch with people there, and you can provide that link to his country. But the fact that he was born in your country doesn't mean he's 100% Vietnamese. Unless he's still attached to Vietnamese traditions, holidays, etc.

Thanks

I don't understand what the problem is with his Facebook. Can you clarify?
Yeah. Can you clarify? Because I didn't get that either.

You are not in a relationship with him and doesn't owe you anything. I think you have invested far too much in him when it likely won't amount to anything other than a virtual friendship.
I agree with this. Don't let him take any liberty with you, as you're just a friend, and - no matter how much you're attracted to him - you need to set a line that cannot be "trespassed".