Email leading to love?

Hey everyone. A couple months ago, I signed up for adopt-a-soldier for two reasons: 1) to let a soldier know that he/she is not forgotten 2) to get some insight from a military person's point of view for a story idea I was kicking around. (I'm a romance author). Anyway, I was assigned a sailor and not a soldier. Funny how things work out, huh? :)

To make a long story very short, we've been exchanging emails since April, and what started off as an once a day or two day email has grown into 60-100 short, text-like emails in a given day. We've exchanged many photos and he's even called me when he was at port. In fact, we will be meeting up when he gets home sometime in August/September.

I am crazy about this man and he feels the same way for me. I keep waiting to wake from some fantastic dream. So, I guess I was wondering if anyone has heard or experienced anything like this before? Falling in love via email?

• Like 2
Snakechammah

Aww... this is SO SWEET!

Well if you've fallen for him, pursue the relationship. It will be much sweeter when you finally meet in August/September.

And please do WRITE THAT ROMANCE BOOK!!! :bunny:

• Like 1
todreaminblue

anything is possible....for me i dont think so ....for you i hope so.....

for i am a romantic at heart....too much of a risk as i am a multiple....i often fall in love with words and the people who write them...i call them friends adn proud of it......friends who have similar love of words as i do.....to me and i dont know how you feel, i fall in love when i feel trust in the core of me in every fibre..........and often that trust i give isnt deserved that is when my defensive personality kicks in and has to be won over

words are whispers that caress the eyes

to touch deep an intellect with beauty in words,

no falsehoods or brevity in casual lies,

whispers given that are not often echoed often heard,

and a gloss forms of expectations and dreams shared,

fierce dragons of hope with fires that flare,

of feelings and thoughts where men fear to dare

they seem so black and white in text or in prose,

many a time i am lost in those,

authors who write without guile,

do consume me all the while,

i know my heart beats in the nick of time,

behind the words and behind the rhyme.

for i have deep respect and admire men of words,

but my heart is lost to a voice i heard,

eyes that looked into mine,

behind the words and behind the rhyme,

waters deep,the unknown sublime,

all but shown through the hands of time

for in simple wanting with knowing a man i pen a poem,

write a book and fall in love, unbeknownst, remains to be seen,

till that day becomes,I live my love through the art of dreams,

and hold friends fast with respect that is worthily deemed,

that words rain torrents and in thoughts they do teem....deborah

write your book and i hope it is a romance to end all romance......blessed be you..if you update often i would have a really big smiley face for you..the child in me delights at romance and rapunzel always was her fave.....even though logically if a man climbed golden locks from a high tower the hair would be ripped out from the scalp..shhhh dont tell her...let her dream she sleeps.........;0)..deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the replies! Last night, we were discussing where we wanted to meet and stay for our first weekend together. We are both avid fans of the outdoors and hiking, so we will probably be renting a cabin in the mountains some time in the fall. :) We would have a bit of a drive after he picks me up from the airport... but it will be fun catching up face to face.

• Like 5
So, I guess I was wondering if anyone has heard or experienced anything like this before? Falling in love via email?

More via chat than via email. But yeah, very strong feelings. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, it's been three months since I've been in contact with my Navy friend and it seems every day we grow closer together. As of right now, he'll be back in the states around the end of August and we are planning our first meeting to either be in September or October, depending on his work schedule and some family issues on my side. He'll either be coming to visit me or we'll both be flying to the town he grew up in and where my brother currently lives. Either way, we are both counting down the days.

This all seems so unbelievable to both of us, but we agreed that we have been waiting our whole lives for each other. I sent him a personal item of mine and he admitted to keeping it in the chest pocket over his heart. (Shaking my head at how sappy that all sounds when I read over it...) Anyway, I never thought I'd meet a man that was both manly and sensitive... but he certainly is. I feel like the luckiest woman on earth. :)

Counting down the days!

• Like 2
Targetlock

love comes from many places and often from different and unexpected routes :)

• Like 1

That's so sweet!

You're not crazy! I met my boyfriend of 3 years from playing an online game.

I highly highly recommend Skype as a means of communication if possible.

Good luck <3

• Like 2
Well, it's been three months since I've been in contact with my Navy friend and it seems every day we grow closer together. As of right now, he'll be back in the states around the end of August and we are planning our first meeting to either be in September or October, depending on his work schedule and some family issues on my side. He'll either be coming to visit me or we'll both be flying to the town he grew up in and where my brother currently lives. Either way, we are both counting down the days.

This all seems so unbelievable to both of us, but we agreed that we have been waiting our whole lives for each other. I sent him a personal item of mine and he admitted to keeping it in the chest pocket over his heart. (Shaking my head at how sappy that all sounds when I read over it...) Anyway, I never thought I'd meet a man that was both manly and sensitive... but he certainly is. I feel like the luckiest woman on earth. :)

Counting down the days!

er wat happened to the advice about meeting in public for the first time? i did similar to you and got screwed over. i thought she reli liked me too but wen we finally met she said she only ever liked me as a friend. be careful. also i wanted to meet with her for a weekend by ourselves but she said she wudnt come to london by herself so she brought a friend. how come u didnt say no to a weekend by urself and she did?

Please please please don't try to write a book about this one and ruin everything. Love is always strong when a distance showed up, My special one live about 4000 kilometer away and another thing is we hardly communicate with each other, but nope of this really matter for us