should i talk to him?

I've been with my long distance boyfriend for a year and a half but we still haven't met since he has a problem with being able to afford going here and i'm under 18 therefore I am not allowed to go see him without my parents approval ._. However we've got plans to see each other this summer but to be honest I don't know if he will able to afford it, he can't find a job and he doesn't get much from his parents.

My issue here is something else though, i've developed a crush on a guy from my school who reminds me of my boyfriend (i'm not sure if that is entirely why i've got a crush on him though) and it's NEVER happened before that a crush has even talked to me or vice versa but I noticed him looking at me several times and even saying hello to me in school once and he has now added me on fb (i've got no idea how he even found me though because as far as I know he doesn't know my name and we have no mutual friends irl or on fb) but he somehow found me.He hasn't talked to me yet and i'm guessing it's because he has now seen that I am not single and I don't think he is the kind of guy who'd show interest in a girl who's got a boyfriend.

I feel horrible for this but I really want to talk to him, should I say hello? and then what? .. i've never been anything but faithful to my bf and i've never had a crush since I met him even so this is making me feel so confused and ****ty.Help please? :( i'm panicking inside

I feel horrible for this but I really want to talk to him, should I say hello? and then what? .. i've never been anything but faithful to my bf and i've never had a crush since I met him even so this is making me feel so confused and ****ty.Help please? :( i'm panicking inside

Simples. You may have an online "boy friend" that you've known for a year-and-a-half, but he's not your "boyfriend." You two haven't even met, so quit calling and considering him that.

Secondly, how "dangerous" is saying "hello" to another person, for god sakes? Do you really think your online acquaintance walks around every day with his head down refusing to speak to anyone or frightened anyone might speak to him? If so, you two have more problems than what you've shared here.

Thirdly, you're far too young to be in a LDR for years with some boy you've never even met. You ought to be dating boys locally and living real life instead of in a fantasy land.

The fact that a local boy has caught your eye and you're tempted to get to know him does not make you a terrible person. It makes you human and should be a hint that the "LDR" you've been in is not what you really need or should be doing at your age.

Say hi to this local guy and get to know him as a friend. He doesn't need to be your "instant boyfriend" and may well turn out not to be boyfriend material at all. Or, he could turn out to be someone worth your time and attention.

That's what dating is all about. Getting to know people and getting to know yourself. That's what you should be doing at this stage in your life, not locking yourself away in some virtual tower for some guy that you haven't even met which given his age and yours, it's likely you still won't meet for considerable time.

Best of luck,

TMichaels

• Like 1

Talk to the new guy IRL and see if he's nice. If he is, tell the online guy you like, that you don't think a relationship with him will go anywhere, as he didn't do enough to get to visit you. And there's no certainty that you two would click IRL. There are tons of cases where people won't click.

When I said he didn't do enough, I mean it. He could enroll for some Summer camp in your area. Apply for Summer work where you're at, etc.

• Like 1