Move on for now?

i'll try not to make this to long.

I met my "boyfriend" in a class i was taking a few years ago and he waited about 6 months before he asked me out which I really liked since i never dated before him. We went out for 10 months, then I had to move for family.. I told him this but he didn't want to just break it off completely so we still did "date like" stuff till I moved. We Talked to each other on the phone almost every day, still do except his summer job he just got makes him out of phone service for 10 days at a time. I have visited him ever couple months so far ( he even came here on his spring break from college). He has told me that we aren't bf/gf any more, but we still act like it?? he said he doesn't want to commit to anything like a LDR. Ok so I guess my question is, should I keep talking to him so much? I know he still really likes me it's just if for some reason he does find a different girl I don't want it to be hard for me cause of well are fake dating? I would ask how to move on and date other guys myself but I can't even think of doing that cause I still like him.

phew well I hope I didn't make that to confusing. thank you for any advise!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

anyone have advise? going through same kind of thing? I just dont know how move on. We both still like each other, i know that. In 1 year he graduates college an idk what will happen. Also, I am 24yrs and he is 22yrs old. hmm well sometimes I don't know why I come on these sites, thinking there is magical fix but I, i think I just need time to heal/ see what future brings.

i think you should block his ass and move on
What emi said. You call him and you tell him plain and straight that you like him a lot, but - as he clearly told you he's not interested in having you as his girlfriend - you will stop any contact with him abruptly.

Then you go full NC. You'll find information about that around here, and tips. You need to ignore any message/text/phone call from him. And let him be. Then you go on with your life.

You don't need to date right away. Take your time to heal. You still have a crush on him, going out with other guys wouldn't be fair, and it's likely that your mind would be elsewhere (and your heart too).