Was I crazy

Elledivine

Met this guy during a one year trip to another state.he was a leader of a youth group.I admired him and thought of him as a kind man.I eventually added him to one of my chat groups, hoping to start a conversation with him and I did.Eventually he mistook for someone else but I corrected him and told him who I was.After some weeks, he proposed marriage to me via chat.Note that we were never close when we saw in person and only saw him once in a while before we ever began to chat online.He proposed and eventually I said yes (probably d dumbest thing av ever done).I never knew d emotional pain I was venturing for.He promised at the onset of d relationship dat he wld always call and we wld travel to see one anoda.I believed him at first, but days, turned to weeks and weeks to months; we never saw face to face and when we did , he didn't actually come to see me but to develop his music album.he never proposed to face to face even when I asked him to, he never bought gifts for me ND all I ever asked from him was an artificial rose flower but he never did, he was unemployed but he seemed to always have money to travel for his album but not once in d one year dat we were involved did he come to me ND even when I would call, he was either busy or tired and when he wasn't busy all he was interested in was sex chating.I felt emotionally tortured.I was a virgin ND had told him .I decided to test him since I was going for my masters abroad for a year ND would be coming back to settle with him.I wanted to test him cos I wasn't sure if marrying him would be a good step in my life.I was unsure and scared cos of his attitude to d relationship. I told him that I had a child ND dat my mum had kept it a secret from my dad (dat was d test).I said dis to him since he had never visited ND I wanted to know if truly he was convinced to marry me or all he wanted was my virginity.he didn't speak to me for days, I called him, ND we chated where he said he couldn't marry Sm1 who had an evil mother ND me a liar, I told him how much I loved him but dat didn't matter to him after which I told him d truth after he had insulted in ways I couldn't imagine. Instead of apologizing he was being self-.d event of seeing who he truly was ,influenced my decision to sleep wit an ex who only wanted sex from me, I didn't love dis ex, I was just sleeping with him out of emotional pain.it didn't help.I broke up with this man I had been in an LDR with aND have been in pain for months.please tell me what I did wrong?

Edited by Elledivine
please tell me what I did wrong?

You got engaged to someone you met once and had a 100% online relationship with.

Meet and date IN REAL LIFE. Know someone for at least 12 months (all four seasons) before getting engaged.

Edited by CarrieT