what outrageous thing did you do to show your love from so far away?

countryrider13

for those of you in LDR and in love. What is something you did, or has been done for you to show their love? Any out of the box ideas? What are some ideas you have of doing sometime to show your love when times are hard and you're just really missing the other person?

Be there for him through thick and thin, good or bad. Not give up when the ache of missing him got almost unbearable and be there for him in any way I can. I think that is pretty amazing enough.

• Like 7
LittleTiger

Nothing outrageous. Just normal stuff that probably most couples do, LDR or not. As TAV says, being there for each other through thick and thin is the most important thing.

Michelle ma Belle

I'm not sure it's outrageous but this past Christmas I packaged up a care package for my man.

He has endure a lot of tragedies in his life having lost his mother, uncle and grandmother - all VERY important people in his life. Holidays and especially Christmas, are difficult for him as you can imagine and he often chooses not to celebrate them at all.

Since we couldn't be together this Christmas, I spent the month before planning and buying all kinds of things I knew he would appreciate - 18 items in total; everything from colourful boxers, a couple of sweatshirts, cookbooks, DVD of his favorite comedian, vintage t-shirts, a sexy boudoir photo of me ;) and a bunch on smaller silly things I knew he liked like jelly beans, chapstick, head scratcher etc.

I wrapped each and every gift individually and put a card on each one with a clue and numbered them. I included one big letter to read when he opened the box giving him instructions to open one gift each day in the order they were numbered.

Everyday he would open a gift, often times when we were on the phone together. He LOVED it!!! I think I accomplished my goal which was to bring a little happiness to him during a particularly difficult time of year and remind him how much he is loved by me.

:)

Edited by Michelle ma Belle
  • Like 9

Well, I can tell you what someone did for me ...

He sent sexy lingerie by post all the way to Canada. He's in Australia!

:love:

So, I sent him a special Canadian care package. :)

It was interesting because we met online and never actually met in person. hahaha

Dreams and fantasies ....

Be there for him through thick and thin, good or bad. Not give up when the ache of missing him got almost unbearable and be there for him in any way I can. I think that is pretty amazing enough.

Seconding this, so much. :)

But, aside from that, I can think of some slightly outrageous stuff that he did. I was studying for my final exams, in a slightly more generalized field than his (so he was more knowledgeable about it). He took all the stuff I needed to know, put them into really nice short notes and mind-maps (spent several hours doing it probably), and sent it to me. :o

He also did a MS Paint drawing of me. That was hilarious. :lmao:

• Like 1
soccerrprp
for those of you in LDR and in love. What is something you did, or has been done for you to show their love? Any out of the box ideas? What are some ideas you have of doing sometime to show your love when times are hard and you're just really missing the other person?

Depends on how one defines "outrageous." But, the manner, energy in which I went after my gf would be an example.

Love letters (initially didn't even know if she was receiving them), poems, weekly flowers (spent more than 1K in flowers alone), monthly trips, sending songs, etc. I still shake my head and smile when I think about all that I did to chase her down...:) All worth it and I love her MORE than ever!

By the way, haven't slowed down with the weekly flowers (sometimes 50 roses at a time) and daily texts, weekly or more calls, etc.

Will be with her in about a month for good. Propose in the short-term. The most outrageous things are to come! :D

• Like 3

Nothing too out of the box, I made a chocolate cake for his birthday and blew out the candle on his command. We were doing a video kinect chat at the time. He didnt know I had that planned, prior to that I send him some gifts he wasnt suppossed to open until his birthday. He definitely appreciated the trouble I went through.

• Like 1

She was really into art so I ran around to a few of the museums in Boston and picked up a bunch of postcards with different works of art they had and would send her one once in a while with a little note. I think I still have some leftover if anyone wants one. :p

• Like 1
Bumpin in My Trunk

This. Draw her, wake up early on my side to support her with emotional troubles of any kind, medical, school, etc. Either way, thick and think ive been there and many people have

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The most outrageous crazy thing I ever did was when I was 17 I hitch hiked across two provinces to get to my bf when he left my city for a job. I stayed there till he moved back.

He was a dickhead so not worth it and id never be that stupid and unsafe now lol.

My parents went sick with worry I ran off, they hated him sooo much with good reason I was being retarded.

(Please please god dont let my child be like I was when I was a teen)

Edited by Omei

Whenever one of us would go somewhere unusual (out of our normal routine), we'd send the other a cheap souvenier.

In this day of survelliance cams, if you know of some place with a web cam, (I'm thinking of a popular summer bar around here), go there. Tell your SO that you will be there at a particular time so they can log into the website. Bring a sign that says you love them. Hold the sign up to the cam & blow a kiss.

• Like 1

I'm in the UK and my girlfriend lives in the Falkland Islands currently. Season 4 of Game of Thrones comes out here before it does there, so I've downloaded the episodes and I'm sending them over to her on a memory stick so that we can watch them together on our Skype dates :)

This is the first long distance relationship I've ever been in, and it's pretty long. But I've found that doing small things like that, on top of strong communication, trust and (obviously) love, it's actually fairly easy the majority of the time.

I'm new to the forum, so it's nice to meet you all :)

• Like 2
redbaron005

Well, plans to move and make it a non-LDR would probably be good. I also did naughty and nice gift boxes one year :)

Million.to.1

My Boyfriend recorded a video of himself playing the guitar and singing "arms of a woman" by Amos lee. :love:

I made a video for him too. ... .... of something else. ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it outrageous, but we used to have Skype dates. We'd get dressed up, cook together, then have dinner together. We also used to spend the night together via phone (the joys of an unlimited plan); have each other on speaker all night. Say good night and go to sleep, then wake up together in the morning :-)

• Like 1
I'm in the UK and my girlfriend lives in the Falkland Islands currently. Season 4 of Game of Thrones comes out here before it does there, so I've downloaded the episodes and I'm sending them over to her on a memory stick so that we can watch them together on our Skype dates :)

This is the first long distance relationship I've ever been in, and it's pretty long. But I've found that doing small things like that, on top of strong communication, trust and (obviously) love, it's actually fairly easy the majority of the time.

I'm new to the forum, so it's nice to meet you all :)

Yes, we watch series together too. It's a great thing to do together. Netflix is great for that too. We've just started Orange is the New Black and he is rewatching Breaking Bad with me since I did not catch that when it was on telly here. We also save movies that we really want to see together for each other and then make sure we both have a copy and watch on nights when we are both without kids. Feels like date night.

We actually went to see Godzilla in the cinema last weekend, holding hands, since he was finally here with me. And now he's gone home :( But took all the LDR forums advice into account and saying goodbye was a lot less scary this time. :love: Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My bf wrote a song for me and recorded it :love: it was so sweet and such a lovely song. I loved it, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, and I cried from happiness hehe :o and i made a video for him saying how much I love him and I made a drawing of him :o this was all for valentine's day :) <3

• Like 1

Outrageous... was making out in Bryant Park with cops around :rolleyes:

Outrageous... was booking a group tour just for the two of us :cool:

Outrageous... was renting a limo, with the radio broken/music not working and the driver talking to us the whole time :lmao:

Outrageous... was having the hotel installing a dvd player in the room instead of in the living room of the suite, because we wanted to watch a movie from the bed :love: (we ended up not watching much of the movie ;) )

Outrageous... was giving him my bra after wearing it for half a day, and having a t-shirt from him that he wore for 3 days in a row :p

The list could go on... but I guess you get the idea.

I also agree with many things other people said, and most of all, enduring everything is the most amazing thing.