Potential LDR - needed

Hey everyone,

Basically, I met this guy at a week long conference last week and we really hit if off. By the end of the conference we were even referring to each other as conference boyfriends.

Anyway, we spoke about what would happen once conference was over and because we both live on different sides of the UK it would be quite hard to meet up. We felt there was kind of a timing issue really :/

Even so though, I quite like this guy and would like to ask him out on a date and see what he says... maybe something like this:

"Hey, I know that this distance thing would make anything committed difficult so not expecting anything but I thought I would ask you out on a date anyway because I really enjoyed spending time with you.

I am going to back to Colchester (about an hour away from where he is now FYI) at some point next month so if you would like to meet up then that would be great."

Just wanted to know what people on here thought of that!

Thanks

HeavenOrHell

Only an hour apart is more than doable, yes.

Hey everyone,

Basically, I met this guy at a week long conference last week and we really hit if off. By the end of the conference we were even referring to each other as conference boyfriends.

Anyway, we spoke about what would happen once conference was over and because we both live on different sides of the UK it would be quite hard to meet up. We felt there was kind of a timing issue really :/

Even so though, I quite like this guy and would like to ask him out on a date and see what he says... maybe something like this:

"Hey, I know that this distance thing would make anything committed difficult so not expecting anything but I thought I would ask you out on a date anyway because I really enjoyed spending time with you.

I am going to back to Colchester (about an hour away from where he is now FYI) at some point next month so if you would like to meet up then that would be great."

Thanks

That's not too big of a distance. Usually LDR is associated with different countries/continents, more than a few hours apart, or different time zone, etc.

An hour away is no problem so long as you can find free time.

• Author

Probably didn't explain very well - we are usually 4/5 hours apart, except for when I visit home :/

Probably didn't explain very well - we are usually 4/5 hours apart, except for when I visit home :/

It's still do-able if you both have a free week or weekend or something and can afford it. You could meet half way.

justwhoiam
I think that you see potential with this guy and would consider a LDR. So it's fine if you ask him out the way you mentioned on here. But if he agrees to meet you again and you go out on a date with him, I guess it's just fair that you are clear about your possible expectations, if you really click. So keep it light for now, but be honest about what you want and need.