He constantly text's me, then doesn't text back for a few days?

This guy text's me almost everyday, but then he stop's. Why is this? He told me he love's me, and call's me gorgeous, beautiful, cutie, pretty etc. He is bullied at his school, and said he wanted to end his life. He said he cuts himself, and is stressed out because of it. He get's angry in his text's at time's, but then is sweet and say's really cute stuff, and just seem's happy. If I text him something, that he doesn't like, he'd get mad and text back "Bye, forget about me". Then he doesn't text back for a month or just a few day's, then text's back like nothing happened. :confused: As for the bullying part, I encourage him to stay happy, tell him to stay strong, and tell him to forget them and just think positive. He also told me that he was tired of being single, even though he was in a relationship a month ago. He's the type of person to hate being single. We live about 100 mile's away, and we're both teenager's, so we don't have the money to see each other. We met at this camp 5 months ago, we talked for a month, there and he told me he liked me, but got kicked out for harassing the caregiver's. So we started texting and face-timing each other a month later. I can't figure out this situation, does he really love me, or is he just using me for support with his bullying situation? I don't know, just need some advice, please :)

nomadic_butterfly
This guy text's me almost everyday, but then he stop's. Why is this? He told me he love's me, and call's me gorgeous, beautiful, cutie, pretty etc. He is bullied at his school, and said he wanted to end his life. He said he cuts himself, and is stressed out because of it. He get's angry in his text's at time's, but then is sweet and say's really cute stuff, and just seem's happy. If I text him something, that he doesn't like, he'd get mad and text back "Bye, forget about me". Then he doesn't text back for a month or just a few day's, then text's back like nothing happened. :confused: As for the bullying part, I encourage him to stay happy, tell him to stay strong, and tell him to forget them and just think positive. He also told me that he was tired of being single, even though he was in a relationship a month ago. He's the type of person to hate being single. We live about 100 mile's away, and we're both teenager's, so we don't have the money to see each other. We met at this camp 5 months ago, we talked for a month, there and he told me he liked me, but got kicked out for harassing the caregiver's. So we started texting and face-timing each other a month later. I can't figure out this situation, does he really love me, or is he just using me for support with his bullying situation? I don't know, just need some advice, please :)

Continue to be there only as a friend. This guy has behavioral, mental and emotional issues and that could get ugly. You should tell him to tell his parents he is being bullied and tell him nicely that it would be beneficial to see a therapist. I hate bullying. We should do more to campaign against it and give kids more serious repercussions for all the damage it causes to the psyche to the point where these poor kids feel helpless and take their live when there is so much hope for a better future. Just continue being his friend because it sounds like he needs to feel someone he trusts is on his side.

Being that you're only a teenager you need to cut him out of your life, people like that will drag you to the dirt with them. Even as an adult I would not bother trying to 'rid' his problems because we're unable to, he needs a real professional. I am not a cold-hearted person, quite the opposite; however, I would advise him to seek a professional asap, if you can, contact his mother or an adult he is close to and tell them he needs help.

I would not try to tackle this complicated situation on my own. As a teenager, you already have a lot on your plate, school, etc. Tell him you care about him and that you really wish him the best but you cannot give him the help he desperately needs. Take care.

Edited by ThisGal
  • Like 3

Don't keep feeding his text sprees. The guy is unstable. He might be bipolar or even have something more serious that he can't keep under control.

He's showing behavioral problems and suicide attempts shouldn't be taken lightly.

Let the "relationship" die on its own. You are powerless anyway.

You are a teenager, he lives 100 miles away, and he is clearly unstable. You need to tell him that you aren't allowed to talk to him anymore and block him. All that talk about suicide, cutting himself, the cute talk, is all a form of manipulation. It isn't worth it. Focus on reality as there are true boys in your school who would be happy to be cute with you and not threaten suicide in the meanwhile.

• Like 1