Horrible loss in words when meeting Internet girl in person. Help.

I don't talk much, to any one, I always have a loss in words. I've know my girlfriend 5 years online. We are best friends, have everything in common, very close. There was over a year that we didn't talk in the time period though. But we have been talking a lot, getting close, falling for each other the past year and half. I met her and I didn't talk too well. A lot of long pauses. We've started talking more on the phone recently, I'm getting better at that, I guess because I'm getting use to it, but I still am disappointed in myself. I love this girl a lot, we've been through a lot together. I'm going to see her in a few days in person. And I need help on not having a loss in words. She got down last time, wondering why we were pushing so hard, when we couldn't talk well together. And it's not like we can't... it's me... only me.

Hey there,

I'm new here and I hope my advice can help you a bit. I'm 23 years old and I met my fiance online. We met about a year ago and we hit it off great. Then 6 months later he flew to my country (he's in the US and I'm in Indonesia) and when I first met him in person, I was so nervous as hell that I didn't say much (even though I tried to cover it up :laugh: . He also did the same thing and I thought he didn't like me or something.. apparently he was nervous too but we managed to get over it.

I think what you should do is to calm down and let it flow, don't force yourself too much and don't worry, sometimes action worths more than words. If you can't find any word to say, you can always hold her hands or simply look into her eyes. Give her a warm hug.. 3 powerful words of "I love you" will also do.

I know situation can be pretty awkward and this will lead you to uncomfortness, Just let it flow, you can start a convo about everything around you at that time and see that it may lead you to a nice long talk.

Be confident, stop blaming yourself (it will only keep more pressure on you, and trust me, it's not gonna make it better) because things like this do happen. Don't worry, everything will be okay :) Just keep the faith and let love leads the way.

Take care and good luck!

*~Vie~*

I agree with Vie.

Just try and relax a little. Silence doesn't have to be awkward, my LDR and I can do nothing but be in each others presence and enjoy it. It doesn't have to be weird. Just enjoy spending the time with her. The conversation will come.

Toolcutie

i completely agree with vie and toolcutie.

just relax when you're with her, you shouldn't beat yourself up about it, since you are just the kind of person who doesn't talk a lot. explain to her what's going on in your head when you're with her, i.e. that you don't know what to say or something like that.. if she loves you, she'll understand. i'm sure that with time, you'll become more talkative around her as you become used to it and you'll become more open. it's the little things that count so make sure you share your thoughts with her.

best of luck!

:)

I am just curious. Have you ever explained to her that you are nervous around her? I know I am not well with words in person, but I can fully express myself to someone through writing. Tell her how you feel for her, how you are nervous and cant find the words that you are looking for when you are with her. I am sure that she will understand.

• 4 weeks later...
Jack4gareth54

yeah...wut?!?! ok!!! yyeeeaaaahhhhhhhh..ooo ok...what?!?! bark with me now. Sorry, i totally agree with michael myers because he likes to kill people with chainsaws and shyt, and thats pretty darn cool. I think when i get older, im gonna put headphones on my dick and shove a carrot up my ass and sing the abc's...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope your relationship does work out for you. I met my boyfriend online through Udate over three years ago. We are engaged to be married...thou I feel like I may have settled. He is pushing for us to set a wedding date.. I am stalling.

Just make sure your relationship is based on honesty and trust. Nothing worse then if you start out with lies and deciet.

Annabanana