ex. vs. current girlfriend

Hey,

So it's been 5 months with this gf that I have. I still have feelings for my ex however. My ex and I dated for 15 months and then I broke up with her because she kept fighting with me on our last month together. We were the couple who planned our future together and were those crazy in love teens. It just got hard with all the fighting the last month and me being 2 hrs away in college. This new girl liked me, I heard, and I got interested and started dating her (my current gf). But my current gf wasn't where I lived all summer and isn't going to my college this semester. I constantly find myself thinking about my ex and missing all of those happy moments we had. I can truly say I loved her with every part of my heart. I feel like I made a mistake in leaving her but I wouldn't want to make a mistake in leaving my current gf if she is more "right" for me. But the weird thing is, I only tear up when something involves my ex and something, compared to my gf right now. I've been fully ready for a relationship ever since my ex and I started dating. Please help me. People say think it over but I've been thinking for 4 months now. I need help. Which girl would truly make me happy and complete?

Serisouly you need to man up.

Stop being such a selfish douche. You ditch your ex cause of fighting and 2 HOURS AWAY trip.

Then u take this new girl on the rebound when you clearly nowhere near come clean from your BU.

How about you stop being insecure about yourself first, be able to be alone, stand on your feet then you decided which one u should go for

And like hell, another girl gonna get her heart broken for your immaturity

• Like 5
  • Author

You don't know how it feels to be in my shoes. I don't date girls just to date. I really want to find "the one" and start my future. I'm mature. When my ex started fighting with me it was like every day. I wasn't sure if that was what my future would be like, so I when this other girl liked me I thought "why not" and tired something new. I didn't have much experience with dating, my ex was my first 100% serious relationship. I got scared with what was happening to us. So I left and now I regret it. So if someone can ACTUALLY give me some heart to heart advice I'd really appreciate it.

• Author

That's the thing. I think both would make good mothers someday but I need help knowing which one is the better choice to date first. I know only I will be able to solve this problem but any advice would be great! What do you think? My ex was great with my little 4 year old cousin and my current girlfriend I haven't seen too much around my little cousin but when she was she seemed good with him too. My ex was a little more willing to play with him a lot though.

You're much too young to be thinking about getting married and having kids. Be with the person you want the most (but she may not want to be with you).

• Like 2

I think you need to be single for a while. It's really unfair to your current girlfriend if you are having such thoughts about your ex. You're actually measuring her up against your ex by comparing how she played with your cousin? Think carefully about the implications - How would you feel if you discovered your girlfriend regretted breaking up with her ex-boyfriend and was comparing you to him? Focus a bit more on the present, not what type of mothers these girls would be someday. How old are all of you, if you don't mind me asking?

It's obvious you aren't ready to fully commit to your current girlfriend. You're not over your ex, which is not a bad thing but you shouldn't be involved with anyone else at the moment.

Which girl would truly make me happy and complete?

Realize that no girl can make you truly happy and complete if you're not to begin with. You have to figure out what you want in a girlfriend and stop stringing this poor girl along.

I agree with the other posters in the sense that you have some growing up to do. You were impulsive when you broke up with your ex and you were impulsive getting into a new relationship.

Take some time to be by yourself. Make yourself happy and complete. And when you're strong enough to be alone, seek the woman who compliments you.

• Like 1
  • Author

I am 20 years old. I am mature though. I admit that I shouldn't have jumped into this new relationship so fast but it was hard being around my ex when we fought a lot and then having this new girl come in all nice and sweetie. Everyone has made mistakes before. I just want to fix mine possibly. I just need to know if going back to my ex is a good idea or not. I never felt so in love before in my life until I was with my ex. Now I miss those feelings and I am not sure if I'll get those feelings for my current girlfriend or not.

I am 20 years old. I am mature though. I admit that I shouldn't have jumped into this new relationship so fast but it was hard being around my ex when we fought a lot and then having this new girl come in all nice and sweetie. Everyone has made mistakes before. I just want to fix mine possibly. I just need to know if going back to my ex is a good idea or not. I never felt so in love before in my life until I was with my ex. Now I miss those feelings and I am not sure if I'll get those feelings for my current girlfriend or not.

Does your ex even want you back? None of us can tell you if it's a good idea or if going back will guarantee happiness.

Regardless, you're being a really crappy boyfriend to your current girl, OP. Let her go and find someone who does want to be with her and her only. Don't string her along any more.

• Like 1