WYWH - how my LDR grew : )

WYWHwishyouwerehere

My boyfriend Troy and I met in June of 2012 while I was teaching English in South Korea and he and a friend were just beginning their holiday to Israel and Europe. They had a 22 hour layover in Seoul and decided to go out for bit. We met out that night and despite the distance between us, (He is Australian and I, an American living in Korea), we knew we wanted to be together. During his travels, Troy sent me pictures of the special places he visited with the words, 'wish you were here' and the tradition continued during our 10 months of long distance. In April of 2013, I moved to Sydney to be with him but our WYWH tradition lives on in new ways.

We started a Facebook page and website as a way to let others get involved in the love. Anyone can snap a photo (making sure the words "wish you were here" or "WYWH" is somewhere in the picture), and send it in to be posted on our site. It's better if you include your name, who it's for and why you wish they were there : )

'Wish you were here' is about recognizing the beauty around you and never being too self conscious or busy to let loved ones know how you feel. Whether you've been apart for years or just a few hours, across the world or just down the street, let them know, "I wish you were here."

So, give it a try! Check out our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/WYWHWishYouWereHere, 'like' the page and your favorite photos and most importantly, send us your own WYWH pictures at [email protected]

• Like 1