! New to forum and LDR !

briansprincess

Hello! I am completely new to this forum and to LDR. :( I've been with my boyfriend now for 3 years. We are completely crazy about each other. Aside from stupid fighting we always get over, we are perfect for each other. However he will be going to college 6 hours away from me. I just want advice on LDR. I really want this to work out. :(

LittleTiger

Welcome to LS!

There is lots of great advice here if you have a read through, but the most important 'rules' for successful LDRs are:

1. Lots of clear, honest communication

2. Making quality time for each other on Skype or phone

3. Regular physical time together - whether that's a few days every few weeks or a few weeks every few months (or whatever works for you)

The list of tips and tricks is endless really but you will soon find out what each of you needs to feel happy and secure in the relationship while you are apart. As long as you maintain a level of intimacy that suits both of you and you are both willing to work on holding it all together you will be fine.

Good luck! :)

• Author
briansprincess
Welcome to LS!

There is lots of great advice here if you have a read through, but the most important 'rules' for successful LDRs are:

1. Lots of clear, honest communication

2. Making quality time for each other on Skype or phone

3. Regular physical time together - whether that's a few days every few weeks or a few weeks every few months (or whatever works for you)

The list of tips and tricks is endless really but you will soon find out what each of you needs to feel happy and secure in the relationship while you are apart. As long as you maintain a level of intimacy that suits both of you and you are both willing to work on holding it all together you will be fine.

Good luck! :)

Thank you ! :)