I have a HUGE crush

So I met this guy on the internet... He's incredibly intelligent, funny, sweet, handsome, blah blahh. Only problem is he lives in the UK....

I have never before embarked on a LDR. And honestly besides keeping in contact regularly I don't even know what this entails, besides the obvious distance.

Yes. There are plenty of men here I could date, or sleep with. But before I met this man I didn't even think I wanted a relationship. And now I am sure. I want one with him.

We skype as much as possible. Talk on the phone. And message eachother daily. It's funny how interested we are in eachother. And how open we are. He's quirky like me, kinky like me, and a real sweetheart.

The strange thing is, he's also a bit younger than I am!!! And I've never been interested in having a serious relationship with anyone less than two years older. I can't help but feel swept away. He's just fantastic.

So thats what I've been up to!!! Hope everyone is doing good!!!

• Like 6

Oh my lord sweetkiwi. I love you guys, but LDRs suck!!! For real! Especially if you love sex as much as you do! :laugh:

If the guy is really worth it, though, the sucky period can potentially be the best investment you've ever made in your life.

Hope it works out for you two. :love:

• Like 5
  • Author

Thanks!!! So far it's okay. We've not made definite guidelines, or requirements upon eachother, though we both know it's what we want. I am positively *elated* as of late!!!! It's really remarkable how finding common ground with someone so unexpected has turned into such a wonderful thing!!!!

For instance tonight we spoke for an hour on the phone and it seemed like no time at all!! All laughing and singing and being silly. So liberating.

• Like 3

You still have to feed the dog though.....;)

If he's British - he will ADORE the puppy!!

:D

• Like 4
Forever Learning

I'm so glad you're having fun with your new love interest Kiwi!!!! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: Enjoy it, and all the best to you both! These are some of the best parts of life, the early stages of love!! :love: :love: :D Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY! :)

p.s. On a serious note, I hope to never have a long distance relationship again. I agree with Elswyth, that they typically suck. However, even so, they serve a purpose, as do so many things in life. But I do fully understand the fun stage you are in, and I do want you to enjoy it fully. And it sounds like you are, and that is truly AWESOME :)

Edited by Forever Learning
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This must be the 3rd LS couple that i know of.

Congrats !

You still have to feed the dog though.....;)

If he's British - he will ADORE the puppy!!

I don't get it ...

Brits love dogs ?

• Like 1
  • Author
This must be the 3rd LS couple that i know of.

Congrats !

I don't get it ...

Brits love dogs ?

He's a busy boy!! He most likely won't be posting as often as I do!!

He has cats. I think he likes dogs too. But that issue is moot considering I am no longer responsible for the dog. And he CERTAINLY won't be meeting my mother when he comes to visit. Even before all the crap happened I thought it would be a terrible move to introduce my outspoken love interest to my idiot mother.

And now he's joined us on LS :love: !!!

Do we get to know who 'he' is, or will we be left to guess?

You could always PM me.

About your dog, of course...... ;)

• Author

Hahaha no. It's kinda obvious who he is. CavendishCad. I asked him before outing him the other day.

'Cad', huh....? Hmmmm.... you know what a cad is don't you?

He'd better treat you good, missy, or he will have ME to deal with - remember, we're in the same country!! :mad:

:p

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for stickin up for me!! Yes I know what a cad is Hehee and I really doubt he's one. He's actually a very good man (and a Dom/sadist) :love:

He's still sleeping since I had him up till 4am :lmao:

I'm sorry, I had to quote part of that in the LS quote of the week....! :D

(Post #330)

Edited by TaraMaiden
  • Like 1
  • Author
I'm sorry, I had to quote part of that in the LS quote of the week....! :D

(Post #330)

Basically he's perfect :lmao:

Seriously though this is a tale of when opposites attract. At least in terms of style and upbringing. I'd love you send you pictures Tara when he comes to see me!!!

• Like 1

(Where are we at, with regard to translating those documents....? Was my suggestion workable?)

• Author
(Where are we at, with regard to translating those documents....? Was my suggestion workable?)

I will have to go to court to get them translated and stamped. And also head to the embassy and see what my options are. It's really looking like I'll have to go home...to the states... And from there apply for a visa to the UK for work and for visitors and see which one is more feasible.

We should have tea when I get there Tara!!!! And seriously thank you so much for all your help. You have no idea how much I appreciate your kindness.

With online / long distance relationships, you can tend to get very intense pretty easily and quickly because you have that distance that kind of makes it easier to be REALLY open and honest and want to share everything about yourself with this person you’re so infatuated with, and want to learn all about them too.

I’ve been there, done that not once, but twice, and I found the whole process quite amazing and very enriching. Though also difficult, because while it IS exciting, it’s also painful to always long for someone who is so far away. You don’t get the same natural balance as closer together relationships get, due to the fact you can NEVER get enough time together…

Also, of course, things MAY be different when you actually meet in person, though they may not. My first online / long distance relationship started in 2001 and we’re still together (have lived together for almost 10 years now).

Also, online or what I like to call “personality-based” attractions / relationships (you fall for their minds and personalities before you even consider that strongly their physicality) can tend to kind of allow you to not place significance on factors that may restrict you in real life, such as age gaps, looks, etc.

You sound so happy, kiwi! I am so pleased for you!