Men around her..

I have a long-distance relationship and my girlfriend is an attractive person. Many of the guys around her see her as a potential girlfriend or they just want to go to bed with her. She also admits when I ask about a guy, that once upon a time, he used to like her. So now there's this guy that she knows for 3 years (they were not good friends) and he used to like her at the beginning. Yesterday she wanted to move to a city near her university (1 hour from there) and the guy said he's also going there so she can drive her there. She said ok and when we were on skype, she received a text message saying that he was going to eat with his family and he asked her to join him..

I really expect the person I am with, to refuse those kind of men politely, but she went there, even if I showed her how the situation makes me feel bad, saying I don't have the right to limitate her freedom and she doesn't want anything with the guy, they are just friends. She also says she doesn't care if the guy is in love with her or not. But being a man, knowing what that guy probably thinks about her and makes plans about her, knowing that if you THINK that you have a chance with a person, that makes you want her even MORE, I really HATE this situation but she doesn't want to understand me. I really love her but I don't want to suffer all my life because of those kinds of stupid situations (because I really suffer now, that makes me feel like I am a stranger and there is a new man in her life that makes her happy). I'm really in deep ****.. :( Maybe I can hear something from someone.. That can make me think differently.. Or maybe.. I don't know.. I just don't know what to do......

Edited by radja

Friends can eat at friends houses.

But....

This guy professes his like of your girl; invites her to dinner, with his family. Now, that wouldn't even settle well with me.

If I were his parents, I'd be under the impression, that this girl is interested in my son, a potential. She should have politely refused. Although, it could be worse...

Still, a guy interested in my girl...asking her over to dinner...doesn't settle well. Most of the time, it is never good to face temptation. Even if you think you're above it...

Before anyone rains in, remember: if it was your girl and or guy, no matter how you feel presently, it would be different if it where present now.

If he didn't have feelings for her, confessed, it wouldn't be as much as a problem.

How old is she?

Radja, don't cave in. I wouldn't accept it at all if I were in the situation you described. Ok, your gf now knows that you don't like it. Make her understand why and make her apologize for it.

If she doesn't do it I'd see that as a strong indication that she doesn't care that much about you and she may be falling out of love.

Good luck!

todreaminblue
I have a long-distance relationship and my girlfriend is an attractive person. Many of the guys around her see her as a potential girlfriend or they just want to go to bed with her. She also admits when I ask about a guy, that once upon a time, he used to like her. So now there's this guy that she knows for 3 years (they were not good friends) and he used to like her at the beginning. Yesterday she wanted to move to a city near her university (1 hour from there) and the guy said he's also going there so she can drive her there. She said ok and when we were on skype, she received a text message saying that he was going to eat with his family and he asked her to join him..

I really expect the person I am with, to refuse those kind of men politely, but she went there, even if I showed her how the situation makes me feel bad, saying I don't have the right to limitate her freedom and she doesn't want anything with the guy, they are just friends. She also says she doesn't care if the guy is in love with her or not. But being a man, knowing what that guy probably thinks about her and makes plans about her, knowing that if you THINK that you have a chance with a person, that makes you want her even MORE, I really HATE this situation but she doesn't want to understand me. I really love her but I don't want to suffer all my life because of those kinds of stupid situations (because I really suffer now, that makes me feel like I am a stranger and there is a new man in her life that makes her happy). I'm really in deep ****.. :( Maybe I can hear something from someone.. That can make me think differently.. Or maybe.. I don't know.. I just don't know what to do......

If it makes you feel bad she shouldnt want to go there.It really is pretty simple...best wishes...deb