Can't move on?

I was in a LDR with a friend from college. Basically, we met a few years ago and caught up last year but haven't seen each other. We made plans for me to come out there and stay with him for awhile to test out the waters and see if we want to be together. Recently, we've gotten into a huge fight and he said he was done. We didn't talk for a few days. He said he still wants me to come see him and stay there. But I don't feel comfortable anymore. I care about him so much, but the things he said and got mad for bothered me. I'm stressed out feeling like he's always going to leave. I told him that if he cares about me, he will come see me. If things go well, I will go back with him. But he won't. He said I need to prove myself and go stay with him. He's blaming our failing relationship on me since I haven't gone to see him. But he's not showing me anything. He won't see me either. How do you start to move on from someone? I just can't seem to do it.

I had such a hard time moving on from my long distance relationship, I'm very sorry and breaking up is hard to do.. and I feel your pain.

Having gone through a painful breakup before I knew what I was in store for when it was time to "call it".. So I started to establish a life for myself that didn't revolve around waiting for his phonecalls, messages, and skype requests.

I stopped loading skype everytime my computer came on, Stopped leaving my ringer on at night, and stopped obsessing over when I would next hear from him.

I took up a new hobby, read books, painted my nails, dyed my hair, and started to move on.

I hope you feel better about it soon. Best of luck to you.