We get to meet..finally!

cuddlemonster

I'm not even sure where to begin with everything! First, I'd just like to say this forum has been immensely helpful! I've read pretty much every thread on here about meeting a significant other/possible significant other for the first time and they have all been very helpful.

Back story, several years ago my best friend/roommate talked me into playing an online game. I tried it, it was fun, so I kept playing. Of course playing (or doing anything!) online, you meet people from all across the country and world. In my case, I made a really good friend who made the game that much more enjoyable.

We were friends for...I would say a year and a half, talking whenever we were both on at the same time, etc. We began talking more and more, outside and inside of the game, facebook, etc.

And then one day it dawned on me, I really, really, REALLY like this guy. Definitely not how I would have imagined it turning out. A few months later I find out he likes me as well. Where do we go from here? We went ahead and decided, yes, we live 2,000 miles apart (he's in So Cal, I'm in Florida), but we couldn't exactly ignore our feelings.

That was almost (to the day) a year ago. Not for lack trying, we have not been able to meet yet. With my work, him getting a new job, it just could not happen. However, the big day is just ahead! Next week he flies in to spend a long weekend with me! We've both been counting down the days since the plane ticket was first purchased...

As I said at first, I've ready so many articles on here about meeting for the first time, and they were really helpful, but I think I have a few other questions.

Although we determined long ago that we were exclusive, so it's not a matter of are we serious enough, but is it the norm for LDR couples to ALWAYS become intimate on first meeting?

I booked a hotel (my contribution, he paid for his airfair, I covered hotel), was it too forward of me to book a single King bed? He says he's okay with it, and prefers it, but does that reflect poorly on me?

Do any of the females here have any tips on *physically* preparing myself for the meet? Like dress, female tips, just anything. (strange question, I know)

I'm friends with two of his sisters (it was quite by accident, actually) and we talk a lot while I'm at my sister's and he says he doesn't mind..but would it be okay for him to meet my sister? My friends? It's our first meeting, and although we are serious, I wasn't sure if it was socially acceptable to meet friends right away, ya know?

All in all, I'm really not too nervous. We text, poke fun at each other on Facebook, Skype, talk on the phone and everything daily, and have for a year. I'm sure the nervousness will change once I'm slipping on my shoes to go to the airport to get him...Ahhhh!

Personally, I wouldn't have booked a double room on a first meeting - at the very least have a 'back up plan' in case you just don't 'click'/feel comfortable about him when you actually meet up.ie - could you stay with a friend/sister while he stays at the hotel?

I know you think you 'know' him over the internet, but really this is a first date - there may be something about him that you haven't realised before - he may smell! lol. I don't just mean body odour, but some people just have a smell that isn't attractive to the other.

Besides- what happened to courting and getting to know each other and having a first kiss and then......gradually getting more physical with each other????

• Author
cuddlemonster

I actually do have a backup - I live here in town. I booked a hotel because I have a seriously nosey roommate. (Haha) I'm super excited about our first kiss, and hug, and dinner....actually, I'm getting all giggly thinking about it! It just won't be weird and a waste if we DON'T become intimate this time, right? I guess it all boils to, if we do hit it off well, and don't make that step...I think I'm over thinking it, huh? Also sorry for any typos, smart phone autocorrect..

I actually do have a backup - I live here in town. I booked a hotel because I have a seriously nosey roommate. (Haha) I'm super excited about our first kiss, and hug, and dinner....actually, I'm getting all giggly thinking about it! It just won't be weird and a waste if we DON'T become intimate this time, right? I guess it all boils to, if we do hit it off well, and don't make that step...I think I'm over thinking it, huh? Also sorry for any typos, smart phone autocorrect..

That's ok hun, and sorry if I sounded like I was raining on your parade, I was just worried for you!!

Having said that, and, as you do have a back up plan, then great! It does sound very exciting that you are going to meet. I don't think you should think it a 'waste' if you don't get intimate straight away - see how you feel and have fun!