What does this guy think?

I was introduced to this guy about a year ago by our parent's mutual friend.

He currently resides in different state, so we have been dating long distance.

We try to hang out (that is the term he uses) often as possible.

Within a year we went out about 10 times.

I am just frustrated because we are doing long distance so things are bit slow...

but also because I don't know how he feels about me. As many women go through this stage of not knowing where their relationship stand.

He referred to us by "seeing" but when will he ever feel like he wants to be exclusive with me? I don't want to bring that "talk" because I don't want to feel vulnerable and seem needy....and I don't want to take the lead. He sends cute gifts for Christmas and Valentine's day, always pay for everything, and gets protective of me.... but he has never tried to hold my hands or kiss me... just not affectionate... is that normal? is he just shy?

I feel like things will move faster if we live close by but this whole long distance is hard... I am just feeling frustrated at this situation and want to call it quits, but I really like him. :(

What can I do to improve our relationship?

I was introduced to this guy about a year ago by our parent's mutual friend.

He currently resides in different state, so we have been dating long distance.

We try to hang out (that is the term he uses) often as possible.

Within a year we went out about 10 times.

I am just frustrated because we are doing long distance so things are bit slow...

but also because I don't know how he feels about me. As many women go through this stage of not knowing where their relationship stand.

He referred to us by "seeing" but when will he ever feel like he wants to be exclusive with me? I don't want to bring that "talk" because I don't want to feel vulnerable and seem needy....and I don't want to take the lead. He sends cute gifts for Christmas and Valentine's day, always pay for everything, and gets protective of me.... but he has never tried to hold my hands or kiss me... just not affectionate... is that normal? is he just shy?

I feel like things will move faster if we live close by but this whole long distance is hard... I am just feeling frustrated at this situation and want to call it quits, but I really like him. :(

What can I do to improve our relationship?

It seems like you want something different than what he wants. You want love, romance, passion, and a longterm relationship. However, it seems that he does not want any of that. So if I've read this right, you two have been LDR for 1 year? He wont kiss you, hold your hand, or tell you he loves you when you are around? Are you sure he even likes you? Does he give those hints or out right tell you? He may actually just be your online friend, not your online boy friends. Whatever he calls himself, it is obvious you two are on different pages of a book, hell maybe even on a different chapter. It also seems like he is not as interested in you as you are him. Your best bet is to end the LDR and move on. You don't want to be in a passionless relationship, especially one that isn't even real most of the time.

Cheer up! Dig deep and think about what you really want, what he really wants, and what is the best decision for you (and it might be the harder decision).

Good luck!