In a LDR. Looking for friends around my age

Thischick2121

Hey guys!

So I am 23 years old.I went home schooled when I was 16 and gonna do college through distance learning too.Plus I work from home as well :)

I don't have any close female friends.I am abit introverted and self enough at times.Most of the time I am with my sister and though we have lots of fun I think it would be nice to have other girls to talk to.

Plus I am in a long distance relationship so I would love to talk to girls who are around my age and in a LDR too and making it work.We could support and help each other:)

• Author
Thischick2121

For your info:

I am a girl.

I am very fit.

I eat healthy.

I am clean.

I am fun.

I go outside all the time.

I was just looking for nice girls to talk to online.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
For your info:

I am a girl.

I am very fit.

I eat healthy.

I am clean.

I am fun.

I go outside all the time.

I was just looking for nice girls to talk to online.

Plenty of females on LS that are in ldrs. I am sure you could be friends with them...and get advice.

I really was just kidding.....

And I do have a warped sense of humour.

On a serious note though:

We have had a lot of news stories in the British press about Paedophiles stalking kids on the internet, and creating havoc in that way.

TBH, let's face it: We could all of us 'be' anyone we wanted.

Let me give you an example:

I am a 55-year-old woman, married and I work in a grocery store. I'm in my 3rd marriage, have 2 adult daughters and am trilingual.

I am a 65-year-old woman, I am a widow, and am a school cook, and I have three kids, one of which also married recently. His wife is already pregnant. So I'm going to be a grandma.

Which one of the above do you think is me?

• Author
Thischick2121

OK I understand your concerns...

But then again I am not asking for someone to marry me or send me pictures.

If I find a girl to talk to I can prove who I am very easily...at least that I am a young girl and not an old pedophile.

Anyways I guess I will just sign up to a penpals site :)

That's exactly my point.

There have actually been three situations that I can recall where the OP's have been caught out here, in their stories, and exposed as frauds.

I would hate you to get suckered in anywhere.

Just be cautious who you befriend.

You've led a relatively sheltered life.

Home-schooling is utterly brilliant, but it can isolate you....

It's not you being deceptive I'm worried about.

it's the fact that websites are anonymous - and anyone can be whatever they want to be.

And any young lady you start being friends with, will have to be just as able to prove to you that they are who they say they are...

I gave the picture of 'what you might have been' to illustrate that very point....

To be perfectly honest - there's nothing to suggest I wasn't.... do you see what I mean?

Just be careful 'out there'.

I was just trying to be amusing (huge Fail, obviously!! :D) but there was a reasoned intention behind it....

• Like 2
  • Author
Thischick2121

I understand...

I tend to become paranoid about the internet sometimes too.

Still I have met some awesome people over the years to prove me wrong :)

And yes I will just join a site where people are looking for friends.I guess that's more appropriate and won't make me look like a pathetic friendless old man haha :)

• Like 1
I understand...

I tend to become paranoid about the internet sometimes too.

Still I have met some awesome people over the years to prove me wrong :)

And yes I will just join a site where people are looking for friends.I guess that's more appropriate and won't make me look like a pathetic friendless old man haha :)

You can indeed. Make friends over LS too. Some people have even met their SO over LS.

Sure its not a dating site, but happens. My point is...you can make friends here too.

And by the way.... This -

I am a 55-year-old woman, married and I work in a grocery store. I'm in my 3rd marriage, have 2 adult daughters and am trilingual.

- Is me.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!

So I am 23 years old.I went home schooled when I was 16 and gonna do college through distance learning too.Plus I work from home as well :)

I don't have any close female friends.I am abit introverted and self enough at times.Most of the time I am with my sister and though we have lots of fun I think it would be nice to have other girls to talk to.

Plus I am in a long distance relationship so I would love to talk to girls who are around my age and in a LDR too and making it work.We could support and help each other:)

I'm 23 also :) not a pedo.

I'm in US, boyfriend in India. Known each other for a year, dating 4 months, met 3 months ago.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
No FB links Allowed