Does she love the guy back home or the guy at school?

26 yr old woman was involved with a guy for two years and then moves across the country for grad school. She is insecure and needy. She has a bf almost right away, a guy from her program. She tells the guy back home during conversation, he gets upset and stops contacting her. Obviously the guy back home was hurt by being replaced right away.

Time goes on, it appeared they broke up after a few months and got back together shortly afterwards which is somewhat normal. During that time she would periodically try and get in touch with the guy back home, but he either wouldn't respond or say very little compared to normal. She tried to see him when she came up for X-mas the year before, but he didn't respond to her.

More time went on and in early March 2012, the guy vanished from her profile pic and she began to contact the guy back home even more than before and became much more active on is FB page, always liking/commenting on stuff, called him a few days after the pic of the guy vanished, sent him another picture of her cat, etc. Random texts followed that spring as well. Still, she didn't get much response from him. He later found her on multiple dating sites listed as single. He was happy to see this, but still wouldn't reach out to her in fear of being rejected, while others suggested that she probably feared the guy back home would reject her too.

She would like/comment on his posts weekly too, even though he NEVER did that in return, in fact he hadn't liked/commented on any of her posts since he heard about that new guy. He hid her wall actually. This FB crap went on all summer and into the fall, with her getting very little from the guy back home, a few texts here and there, but that's it, usually in response to a question she asked him on FB.

2.5 months ago, that guy at school appeared in her profile pic again and her dating site profiles disappeared and she put up an old pic of the two of them as well.

The guy back home was extremely hurt to see that the guy at school was back, but realized he wasn't too responsive, but not sure if that would have changed anything.

What does it sound like is going on here? Is the guy at school her true love or is there still a lot of feelings for the guy back home? People have said she apparently cannot let go of the guy back home, being so active on his FB wall and the stuff she was doing before. He disabled his FB wall soon afterwards as well. He also composed a letter/email to her tell her how he still had feelings for her, etc.

I mean it sure seemed like she was seeking his attention often, but being insecure and a poor communicator, she would do the odd ways of trying to contact him.

• Author

I'm the guy back home.

I mean, from what other people have told me, its likely that she was missing me/still had feelings based on what she was doing, periodically receiving pictures of her cat, random texts here and there, leaving odd comments on my FB posts, always liking stuff, keeping in mind I NEVER even looked at her wall or made an attempt to like or comment on one of her posts like I did before.

The last day I saw her before she moved, it didn't end with a handshake, it ended with kisses and she couldn't keep her hands off of me. It was so hard for me, I remember wanting to tell her to stop it, but I couldn't. Just writing this has made me think about it and ruin the rest of my day.