New to LDR...not sure if this is real on his part..,, !

I met Dan while visiting family out east. I live west. Dan is my brother in laws brother.we have met before, and I felt a connection.that was 3years ago. While in NY, I stopped into a bar to have a Irish coffee with my friend. I immediately made eye contact with a familiar face. I couldn't place the face, but when he approached me,I recognized that it was Dan! We are both 44 years young.:) We were inseparable from that night on for two weeks. He told me he felt like he was struck by lightening or shot in the butt when I walked through the door. (what does that mean)? He said this several times during my visit. I felt strongly for him. I expressed to him that I wish we weren't long distance,bc I have all these feelings that I don't know what to do with once I go home. He agreed.we were both on the same page.he said it's funny how this happened.he said "they say when you least expect it". (was he referring to love)? *He said that it was good in a way, that we lived at a distance bc otherwise we would dive in too fast, and this way we can move slow and steady.He told me distance doesn't exist w/today's technology. He reminded me of planes,phones,texting, &skype. He seemed so excited to see me each day. He just glowed. His kisses were gentle. He places his hand behind my neck, and i felt him falling for me. He complimented me a lot. The night before I left, he asked that I wouldn't talk deep. He said lets wait. He said "I will visit you, you visit me, let's see how that works, then we can talk deep". When we said goodbye at the airport,we kissed and hugged. He walked away, but turned around and came back for another kiss. We have been texting back and forth for a month now. We talked on the phone 1 time. I am ok with it,bc it adds to excitement. Some texts last 2-3 hours non stop. We "sext" a lot too. We talk via text mostly everyday, but there are days I don't hear from him at all. Usually just for one day. I see a pattern. It seems as tho he backs away for a day when we get closer. When he texts me he will say "good morning beautiful" or "goodnight sunshine"....I am just so frustrated though. I wonder what he is thinking. I know he doesn't want to talk "deep"...but I need to know how he feels. Is he falling in love with me? Is it possible to fall in love after all you read? (long distance, only texting, short courtship) does a man think of a woman non stop, as I do with him? Does a man have that warm feeling of falling in love? The connection? The pain of missing me? When he doesn't text, does that mean he is changing his mind? When I ask tell him I wish he were here with me, he says "we will see each other soon"(he said that 2x) I am just crazy for him. And I'm scared of being played. Or hurt. Someone please give me advise, or wisdom on this. I know I've asked so many questions on this post, but I need to know the answers or opinions. Thank you!<3

Hi Ctheresa. Welcome to LS.

What you're describing sounds like a guy who is having a bit of fun texting a woman he finds attractive. Like you, he enjoys the excitement it adds to his day.

However, if he was serious in pursuing a relationship, he would be phoning you and skyping on a regular basis - he was the one who brought up that maintaining contact was easy these days.

Sorry to be a downer but I think he's just playing games.