The distance was too much.

lovablegirlxD

So My ex and I have been together for 2.5 years and we've always been long distance. He lives in GA and i live in TX. Over a year ago my family decided to move to Australia which is even worst since now we are across the world from each other. We have a really strong relationship no problems what so ever. On December 2012 he decided that he wanted to break up because the distance was too much, and i agreed also because he's going to college soon and its gonna be another 2 years until i can physically be with him. He's never really had a physical relationship before and want to experience one like actually hugging, kissing and just going out and to me its really understandable since we are both too young to be committed. Recently he told me he liked this girl and wanted to give it a go. It hurts a lot because I still love him. He told me he still loves me and is not over me but he really needed this experience. He says that he still has hope that we could be together again and its a possibility when i move to GA in two years because we ended our relationship on good terms, but for now he wants to try and move on. It's been really hard on me since he's my first love and I'm his. Its been really difficult for him too but i'm happy that he likes someone and could possibly start something with her. We both aren't 100% committed though like for an example, when i move to GA in two years and he's in a happy relationship then i'll have to accept or vice versa. But if we are both single than it can work out again for the both of us. I just need some advice on coping with this right now and I'm not sure what to do. I know i should move on with my life right now because 2 years is a long time and anything could happen. We both have faith that we will be together someday but as for now I don't know what to do. Its difficult knowing that he could fall in love with someone else in a matter of two years. It's just a matter of timing and fate but i'm not sure how to deal with it right now. :( help?

18 hours ago - 3 days left to answer.

This may seem harsh but - you guys have split up so you need to just get on with your life and start meeting other people the way that he is.

You've decided on the sensible route because its what you both think is best. If it's "meant to be" then you will get back together in the future, but you can't spend your life waiting or hoping.

You may not believe this right now but you could fall in love with someone else yourself, just as easily as he could.

I know it's tough but you have to move on.

• Author
lovablegirlxD

Yes I know I will have to move and he will too but we'll always have love and hope that we'll be together one day. That doesn't hurt right?

Even though it seems like he really really likes this other girl, he still talks to me and tells me I'm his best friend still. He also wanted to introduce her to me which I think is fine. They aren't together yet because she's not sure about it because she respects him as a friend and she's afraid of losing that respect for him.

Edited by lovablegirlxD
Yes I know I will have to move and he will too but we'll always have love and hope that we'll be together one day. That doesn't hurt right?

Even though it seems like he really really likes this other girl.

If you hold out hope to the extent that it stops you from getting on with your life then, yes, it can and will hurt you.

It took 28 years for my childhood sweetheart and I to tie the knot. We always stayed friends but got on with our lives until the time was right. Fourteen years later we got divorced - but the friendship remained.

Whatever will be will be. Don't let anyone hold you back from living your life to the full. We don't have long on this planet so don't spend your time on a maybe - it could just as easily turn out to be a maybe not!

• Like 3
  • Author
lovablegirlxD

Yeah see things that give me hope! Of course I'm not gonna let that hope take over my life but I don't think i'll be able to let go of it as if now.

Because who know? Anything is possible.